OMG!!! Down 15 pounds, and given wrong discharge prescription!

Brandy L.
on 3/17/08 8:59 am - Baudour , Belgium
I had my first post-op appointment today and things went really well. The doctor's jaw about dropped when he saw I lost 15 pounds...lol.....since I am considered a lightweight he really didn't think I would drop that much weight so quickly I guess. But... I finally got the dang drain out...it stung like hell but glad its finally out! Whoooo....Hoooo!!!! I went to the store today to purchase items for my next food stage. And he cleared me to go ahead to purees. Yeah... He said I was doing really really well. But....he's the bad thing. The doctor that prescribed me my discharge medications  from the hospital gave me the wrong presription and my doctor was like don't take it... and I was like I tried to once...and I refuse to try it again....And I told the doctor I was actually going to refuse to take it ...but he said not to and got me the prescription for the correct medication. Turns out I was suppose to have Prilosec...not Sodium Bicarbonate. IT IS SOME NASTY STUFF PEOPLE!!!  But I am doing good...and anxious to start walking on my treadmill. And My doctor even told me I could lift light weights (hand weights), with light exercises...but of course if there is any pain to stop. Ok...so that's my update! Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

carriepartna
on 3/17/08 11:28 am - WA
Excellent!! I would also suggest to track your measurements as the scale doesn't tell the whole story. Especially as you are lifting and gaining muscle, I promise you - you are dropping more fat than you realize! So - take your measurements! Or have a good friend that you trust take them. Because there will possibly come a time when the scale won't move as much and you'll get discouraged just because you don't see the numbers on the scale going down - but then if you measure and there are inches that have come off - your still going strong! That typically means you've lost fat and gained some muscle. You are awesome - keep it going! If you want some good circumference landmarks, I'd be happy to share mine with you. I'm a Personal Trainer in Redmond - but could probably give decent enough description to you over this message board.
kittykatzmom
on 3/17/08 1:52 pm - Mason co., WA
wow.......15 lbs in 10 days thats great. glad to hear your doing so well, keep it up, and keep us posted. 

~Cindy~

nancy6
on 3/17/08 2:02 pm - Tacoma, WA

You're doing great, Brandy!  I imagine that dr's jaw did drop when he saw those numbers!!  Thank goodness they figured out the prescription thing so you can be on the right meds - and off the nasty tasting one!!  Keep up the great work...

~Nancy~

S Andrews
on 3/17/08 3:37 pm - eatonville, WA
Your doing fantasti****ep up the good work. Sharon
jillianD
on 3/19/08 2:14 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Way to go Brandy!!  Did you get the prilosec capsules??  You can open them and put the little beads in some applesauce or yogurt if you have any problems with it.  Thats what I am doing for now.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Annie B.
on 3/21/08 1:47 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Brandy,

You sound like you're doing great!  That's wonderful!!

I'm still having a rough time...still hurting.  I need to get walking more...I haven't been very good about it...maybe if dh brings my treadmill back inside, I would get on it and do a little more walking. I'll have to talk to him about that this evening.

~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active