New to group, just outta surgery

Hannasmom
on 3/16/08 3:55 am - WI
Hello all.  I am new to the group but I know a few of the faces, Michelle and I have known each other for three years and Brandy and I had the same surgeon SAME DAY!  She was one ahead of me and we were two rooms apart, lol.  Michelle and Brandy kept urging me to get on here, bragging about what wonderful support you all are, but I just didn't have any spare time.  BUT, after being 8 days post surgery, I couldn't stand it anymore and had to come say hi and beg for some sanity!  I'm going good, get my port out Mondy, PRAISE THE LORD, the port and I havent been getting a long, and I'll be happy to see it leave.  Like I said March 7th was my surgery day and so far so good, I've lost a total of 10 lbs and slowly going crazy w/ this liquid diet! I'm not a fan of sweet things so I've having a hard time w/ all the sweet liquids, but keeping my eyes on the Lord, and the prize, and thanking God everyday for a new beginning!   I have many questions about navagating the forums/site, and many questions about receipes and ideas.  I look forward to getting to know you all, even though we are moving in a few weeks to WI!  Thanks for the welcome!
springjulie
on 3/16/08 6:44 am - WA
Welcome to the board-glad to hear that you are doing okay.  Not everyone is on here everyday but we do like to see that you are doing okay.  We try to have chats on Tues and Thurs 7-9 just pop in and say hi. Again welcome and this is a great support place.
Shelley S.
on 3/16/08 6:55 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Welcome to the board and congrats on being on the losers bench!  I had my surgery just a few days before you two and so far so good for me too. This place is a wonderful place for support and fun as well.

kittykatzmom
on 3/16/08 8:31 am - Mason co., WA
Welcome,  glad to hear everything is going so well for you, feel free to ask away, I'm sure someone will have an answer, alos good luck on your move, and feel free to stop by any time.

~Cindy~

Hannasmom
on 3/16/08 8:50 am - WI
Thank you so much for your warm welcomes!

Pregnancy ticker

Helen_Anne
on 3/16/08 11:02 am - Bremerton, WA
Welcome to the Washington group... I am glad you are doing so well!
nancy6
on 3/17/08 1:02 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi and welcome!  Glad you took Michelle and Brandy's advice and logged on here...  I think you'll find the help, support and friendship is invaluable!!  That's great that you're doing well after surgery and even better that you'll get that port out today...  Don't hesitate to ask away on this board - we're all here to help each other out.  Wishing you all the very best on this journey to a healthier you!  And wish you the best on your move, too!  Take care...

~Nancy~

Annie B.
on 3/17/08 1:40 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hi there!  I think I met you in Brandy's room one day...I was sitting in there and you and your hubby came in? anyway, welcome!  glad Brandy and Michelle talked you into coming here to say hi! ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active