laser or ThermaCool for loose skin

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 3/14/08 12:57 pm
I've seen ads from several local plastic surgeons and dermatologists who advertise skin tightening lasers or ThermaCool. I've looked at some before and after pictures, and while I don't see any before pictures with excessive loose skin, the images of mildly loose skin look to be improved. The link is to an example of a local doctors mailing, but I've seen several similar ads lately.  http://www.communityvaluesmagazine.com/coupon.asp
I usually think of snake oil when I hear such claims, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this laser therapy, and if so, what were the results? I appreciate any information, thanks!
Deanne
jillianD
on 3/14/08 1:03 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I've wondered about that myself, don't have any info though. How are you doing?
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 3/15/08 8:31 am
Having a few down days after a few decent weeks. I have an appointment Monday to see if I'm getting hernia in an incision, but I'm not throwing up anymore. Your date is close to mine - how is your RNY treating you? I lost about 30 lbs and have been at a plateau for a week, which is really bumming me out. How much have you lost? Deanne
jillianD
on 3/15/08 11:08 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I'm down 28 lbs right now and I have started throwing up.  LOL  I really think it might be a stage people go through. Don't worry about about the plateau, everybody gets em its the body having a small freak out this early in the game.  I had one last week, I really think it was because I was so sick and not eating. As far as hernia's go I don't know what to tell you besides it can make getting a tummy tuck a lot easier.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Geminidream
on 3/14/08 2:16 pm - Spokane, WA
Deanne, I haven't heard any personal stories about it either and am very interested.  I scar badly but would LOVE to have my turkey wattle fixed someday...that procedure sounds perfect if it actually works.  Hope you get some positive replies! Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Most Active