Crazy Me (I broke my foot)!

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/08 9:11 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Ok so this is crazy!!! So for the past three weeks I have been trying to stay really healthy and not get sick, seeing how my surgery is tomorrow.  Well yesterday afternoon I was sitting on the couch talking to mom.  I realized it was time to go and pick up my girls from school.  As I was getting up I almost fell so I balanced myself out and at that time I twisted my foot and broke it.   I went to the ER waited four hours to be told it was broken.  I was really scared I wouldn't be able to have my surgery.  This morning everything was cleared with Dr. Beekly and I am scheduled for 9:30am tomorrow.  I will have to be in a cast for about six weeks, but this can't even be done for another week or so when the swelling goes down.    I hope all goes well!  Michelle D.
kittykatzmom
on 3/11/08 9:20 am - Mason co., WA
Talk about bad timing.... Well I'm real gald you can still have your surgery, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, good luck with your foot also.

~Cindy~

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/08 10:44 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Cindy, Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers! I know I will be needing them! Michelle D.
Susan O.
on 3/11/08 11:20 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
You poor thing! Guess we won't be able to nag you to walk, huh!?  Take care, and Happy Surgery!!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

jillianD
on 3/11/08 1:03 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ohh broken foot.  I am soo sorry you hurt yourself.  You should get a knee scooter  Your knee on the broken side goes on the seat and then you can scoot all over.  Hubby and I saw a lady with one in town the other day.  She was bookin!!   Good luck with your surgery tomorrow and I hope you heal quick!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

heyheyhey
on 3/11/08 1:07 pm - WA
Best of luck tomorrow!!!!
southerngrl
on 3/11/08 2:20 pm - Mt Vernon, WA
Good luck tomorrow and I will keep you in my prayers! You are going to go thru healing on your tummy and your foot...lol poor thing! Hang in there darlin, you are going to do great! ~Melissa
Brandy L.
on 3/12/08 5:22 am - Baudour , Belgium
Best of luck to the both of you tomorrow! Michelle, I am not saying it is going to be easy but I know you will pull through this just fine. Just remember that we are here for you anytime you need to talk. Have you heard how Allison is doing? I know she was suppose to leave the hospital on Monday the day after me. She was sooo smart staying the extra day.. I really could have used it with the gas pains I had on Sunday evening... it was aweful! See you on the other side soon. Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

lorisb
on 3/12/08 11:53 am - Vancouver, WA
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that foot gives you no more trouble!  Ouch! Lori
springjulie
on 3/13/08 2:47 am - WA
Michelle- so sorry to hear about your foot!  Good luck with surgury and getting cast on.  The scooter is a great idea.  Hopefully you will heal quickly.
Most Active