Ouchie!!

jillianD
on 3/11/08 7:39 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Sorry if this gets garbled I took a pain killer, but today while I was at work I started to get a pain in my left side under my ribs.  Its a sharp burning pain.  I already called dr Sebesta's nurse and she said I need to come in on friday and get seen.  or ER if it gets worse. I just wanted to whine and see if this ever happened to any of you.  I hope its just one of those things that goes away on its own.  LOL Any thoughts??
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

clh333
on 3/11/08 8:16 am - WA

Hi Jillian although I havent experienced the pain you are describing, Ive seen other posts about it...and the responses have been GAS!  Gnarly gas pains!!  Posters reccomend waking and gas-x strips.  Good that youve put a call in to the doc already though!

Hope you feel better!

Cheryl
Semper Paratus "Always Ready"
Semper Faveo "Always Supportive"

Susan O.
on 3/11/08 11:17 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi Jill!    Left side pain was one of the biggest complaints for alot of us. Even though your drain is out, and the incision is lower, they did tons of work, and the majority of the instruments entered on that side. You may be experiencing some "healing" pain as things start to knit together, then gets pulled around. Glad you called the doc just in case it's another little glitch. Take it easy, and let us know how you're doing.

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

southerngrl
on 3/11/08 2:23 pm - Mt Vernon, WA
Jillian, baby girl please let us know what is going on with this. I have heard like the others said that it may be gas. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts and hope that you are feeling better by morning. Please keep us posted on your well being Hugs ~Melissa
cfidecaro
on 3/11/08 11:54 pm - Snohomish, WA

Hi Jillian~ I experienced the exact same pain...it lasted for about a week. Even after 7 months I sometimes still get a twinge now and again...I think it is our bodies way of telling us that we just had a MAJOR surgery and to slow down a bit. I know you are back to work, and bosses don't understand, just try and take it easy!! Take care Collette

lizzybear
on 3/12/08 10:12 am - Olympia, WA
Sorry you're in pain Jillian.  Did you try the Gas-X?  That's the first thing my doc suggested when I got pains.  When they didn't go away, he had me come in.  Just take their advice and if it gets worse, go to the ER.  I'll be sending you good "get rid of the pain" thoughts!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Terri Z.
on 3/12/08 10:23 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Jillian, Welp as I read your post I had to laugh not at you but at me, I had that problem last night and then again this morning, I was standing next to my daughter and my side made this noise and my daughter said MOM you fart? I said not yet but its peaking, I had gas and the pain was something that I never had before. Right under my left rib a little off to the side. I never did pass that gas and my side is still hurting a little and its making a loud noise and if you were here you would hear it. It sounds like my tummy is growling. So if it gets more painful then go to the ER. Mine isn't getting worst, my tummy is just talking out loud..haha...
S Andrews
on 3/12/08 11:17 am - eatonville, WA
Hi Jiliian, I too experienced some pretty rough pain on my lower left side after surgery and mine lasted for several weeks. My surgeon said it was from all the stretching and operation itself and that it would eventually pass and he told me to take my pain medication when I felt I needed it- I took very little so used it as needed. And he was right- it does pass. Every now and then I get a stitch or twinge  of pain in that area but it passes fairly quickly. Let your surgeon check it out to be sure tho. Good luck! Sharon
jillianD
on 3/12/08 12:24 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Thanks everyone I am still in pain today but is is not as bad as it was.  I appreciate at your input!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

springjulie
on 3/13/08 2:50 am - WA
Hi Jillian- have you tried a heating pad? My doc also said that it helps also.  Hope it goes away
Most Active