Getting very nervous or just scared...need your help!

jillianD
on 3/11/08 2:21 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ackk no biscuts for you girl!!  Me either at least for now!! You know I let myself hold back from my life for a lot of years.  I had so many excuses my weight was only one of them.  Then about 4 years ago I finally just made the decision to change my life.  I went back to school, got certified to do a job that I love, bought a house and got my career.  This is the last part of my journy to become the person I want to be.   Like you I was tired of being on the short end of the stick, putting everyone and everything ahead of me.  Well no more of that for either of us!!  Lucky for me (and I think you) I have a very supportive husband who is so proud of what I have accomplished.   Take care and I will say a prayer for you on thurs. PS.  Is someone posting your surgery updates??  I hope so!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

southerngrl
on 3/12/08 5:35 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Thank you for the love and please keep the prayers coming!! nancy6 is my angel and she will be letting everyone know what is going on and I hope she will get a chance to come see me. I hope by summer when we are are feeling better we can all meet up and talk face to face......thank you again Jillian! Many hugs! ~Melisssa
kittykatzmom
on 3/11/08 9:25 am - Mason co., WA
Hey hon,  Ifs its bothering you this much call the Dr.a nd get a RX for some valium.  that will really help calm the nerves. remember your in my thoughts and prayers

~Cindy~

southerngrl
on 3/11/08 2:10 pm - Mt Vernon, WA
Cindy, we only met for a few minutes but you are so sweet to me and I love you like a sister. Thank you for always encouraging me. I ask the doc for some meds and we will see what he does. Please remember me on thursday morning and keep all the good thoughts coming my way. You are going to have your turn soon and I will keep you lifted in prayer as you do me. Cindy thank you , thank you for all your love and help!! Hugs and friendship ~Melissa
Susan O.
on 3/11/08 11:12 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

Dear Melissa, It's okay sweetie - just breathe!!  It's normal to have a few "pre-surg" jitters. Grab a piece of paper and write down all the reasons you want to have this surgery. Everything!! Right down to the fact it will be easier to paint your toenails...  When you are finished with the list, re-read it and decide which of those reasons is worth having surgery for. (maybe 1, maybe all). Now focus on that list instead of your worries!! Big Hugs!!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

southerngrl
on 3/11/08 2:16 pm - Mt Vernon, WA
Susan, you are right and I did what you said and it is true that there are sooo many reasons why I know I want to do this.I just love my family soooooooo much I would never want to hurt them.I need to remember that all the reason I have on there plus my family included is why I am doing this. I don't do hardly anything in this world for me but this is for me and I need to embrace it instead of fearing it. Thank you so much for your kind words!! Hugs ~Melissa
eclin49
on 3/12/08 1:21 am - Yelm, WA
I think your reaction is very normal.  I had all of those feelings when I was first struggling with my decision of which surgery to have.  I put it all in Gods hands.  After I did that my decision became clear and I was at peace.  That peace stayed with me through out my pre surgery testing and through my surgery and is still here with me in my post op phase.  He has a plan for you so relax and use your faith to see you through.  You will be in good hands at St Francis.  They take very good care of you there and Dr Oh is the best.  I will be praying for peace to surround you. Enaud
southerngrl
on 3/12/08 5:29 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Thank you for the love and support. I know the lord watches over me I just let the devil have his way with my mind at times and I need to kick him out of my head! I trust Dr Ohi and I hope you are right about the hospital, nothing worse then a hateful nurse...lol I say that as a joke, my husband is a trauma nurse and so is my mother. Please keep me in your prayers and thank you for the kind words. ~Melissa
eclin49
on 3/12/08 7:24 am - Yelm, WA
I am going to tell you the same thing I told Nora when she called to ask about how I was doing.  Nora was the nurse that was at the class where the pharmacist and the Nut talked also.  I have never had such a wonderful hospital stay.  Every nurse and person that I had contact with were wonderful.  My DH stayed the night in our little tiny room (lap band patients spend the night in the day surgery area.  I don't know about Rny patients) and they treated him like the special person he is too.  They were gentle and kind, encouraging and very caring.  DH  raved about  the staff and the cafeteria...I wouldn't know about that part...lol...jello and broth and water was all I got :-)  Even the anesthesiologist was great.  They are usually curt and don't spend any more time with you then they have to but she was wonderful.  Both Dr OH and Dr Harai came in to see me in pre op and make sure I was comfortable.  They have their act together.  Good luck tomorrow and you will be in my prayers.  I look forward to hear that you are on the loosers bench.
Terri Z.
on 3/12/08 10:00 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hey Melissa, your gonna be fine, trust me on this one! wow I remember just 5 weeks ago today how scared I was to have this TT/Hernia and now I am just so freaking happy with what I had done, besides having 2 belly buttons I am just freaking peachy. haha...Every one wrote to me and told me I was gonna be fine and they were right. So happy I have this place and so happy to have friends here. So woman don't be scared, don't worry, (be happy)every thing will be just peachy, other then having alot of pain; but hey you get good drugs for that... So Good Luck, keep your chin up and just know I said a prayer for you and I know you are gonna be just great. Hugs Terri
Most Active