Getting very nervous or just scared...need your help!

southerngrl
on 3/11/08 5:45 am, edited 3/11/08 5:58 am - Mt Vernon, WA

Well I am down to the 11th hour and I am starting to get unraveled!!!! I have never been one that is calm about surgery, but this time I am super stressed out and seem like I am on the verge of tears every second. I have been in the medical field for over 20 years and i know all the good,bad and ugly that can happen and I guess I know too much about it and I am freaking my self out.

I do not want to have any complications but most of all I do not want to die! I know I have thought about why I wanted to do this and I know the risk is small but I guess I just don't want to be the one that doesn't make it. I talked to my angel "Nancy6" about this and also my dear friend kittykatzmom but i guess I just can't stop getting upset and scared. Please tell me I am not the only one that feels this way....maybe I just need to remember I have the lord on my side.  Thank y'all for you love and understanding

~Melissa

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 3/11/08 5:48 am - WA
I felt the same way at first! I would do it all over again! Good health is so important! Just think good thoughts!!! Merrilou
southerngrl
on 3/11/08 1:53 pm - Mt Vernon, WA
THANK YOU MERRILOU, I appreciate the warm thoughts and your kindness, I just have to keep reminding myself that I am a child of God and he will watch over me. Hugs ~Melissa
clh333
on 3/11/08 6:21 am - WA
Hi Melissa Its ok to get freaked out.  I was a bit skittish the night before surgery, but I stayed upbeat, and had my husband with me the whole time.  After it was all over, I was actually wondering if they did anything to me!!  Im now 3 weeks out, down 25lbs ((bye bye)) and although Im not feeling like full activity now..it was totally worth it!!!
         Cheryl
Semper Paratus "Always Ready"
Semper Faveo "Always Supportive"

southerngrl
on 3/11/08 1:59 pm - Mt Vernon, WA
Thank you Cheryl, I know that I need to just calm down. I just love my life even though I am fat. I want to do this to make my life even better. I love my family more then my own life and I use dont want to feel like I am being selfish to do this then have something happen. That may not make sense but it is how I am feeling. Thank you for the love and support and welcome to Washington, I know we talked briefly before but would love to know you better. Love and friendship ~Melissa
clh333
on 3/11/08 2:07 pm - WA

Hey Melissa, I totally get how you feel.  And its OK to feel it!  This too, shall pass!  But you have all of us here on OH to lean on, so thats a BONUS!  I will be up there around APril 3 or 4, so maybe when you are feeling up to it, we can get together for a water or coffee.  (Im not liking coffee anymore since surgery-its probably a good thing!)

You will do well, and look back on this (the days before), and smile!

Cheryl
Semper Paratus "Always Ready"
Semper Faveo "Always Supportive"

southerngrl
on 3/12/08 5:30 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Thank you Cheryl and yes we will get together for a cup of water or whatever...lol keep me in your prayers and thank you for the support. ~Melissa
S Andrews
on 3/12/08 11:06 am - eatonville, WA
Hi Melissa, Your going to do great! Its normal to be nervous and perhaps second guess a little about why your doing it. Even tho my surgery wasn't as successful as I had hoped I have absolutely no regrets. I  would do it again in a heartbeat. You won't be sorry that you did this either. I think it does make it a little harder when your a little more familiar than the average person. But being in the medical field I'm sure that you will be blessed by many of the same kindnesses you  have shown over the years. I can tell that you are a very loving, sweet and caring individual.   You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow wishing you a very uneventful and speedy recovery! Hugs Sharon
jillianD
on 3/11/08 7:29 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Melissa, God didn't pull you through that car accident for something bad to happen to you in the O.R.  You will be just fine.  I was worried to but everything came out good and I am now down 22 lbs! You have an excellent surgeon, a wonderful family and a hugh faith in God.  He will see you through this. Just quiet your mind and refuse to allow those nasty what if's to sneak in. Huggles
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

southerngrl
on 3/11/08 2:06 pm - Mt Vernon, WA
Jillian, You are the best motivator and so sweet that I just want to sop you up with a biscuit. You are always so kind to me and I will listen to you and your advice. I do have a huge faith and I know that all of this is the devil messing with me. I know that one of the biggest obstacle that I have had has been my weight. Maybe I am scared due to losing the weight then I can't use it as a cope out anymore. See i do feel better when I come on here and talk to all of my angels...lol I just want a new start and a new me and the thought of something happening means defeat once again and I am tired of being on the short end of the stick.I love you guys on here even though we havent met, it is just like you all understand more then anyone else. Thank you again and please,please keep me in your prayers on Thursday morning when I start my new beginning. Love and friendship ~Melissa
Most Active