Update on Gig Harbor summer get together.

Kattin
on 3/10/08 11:33 am, edited 3/10/08 11:34 am - WA
 So far looks like a family picnic. That will be fun for everyone.  I'll do it on a Sat.  Let me know please which Sat. in July or Aug., than I can see what events may be going on. We have Horseshoe lake that we could go to. Has lots of picnic areas and areas to swim, play baseball and such. And if it's in Aug., it's not far from where they're having Rennisance Faire. People dress in period costume and do several activities related to that era, and several booths to see. If it's at Kopachuck park, it's sal****er so may be colder to swim, and I think there may be a hill to climb. I'll check that out tho., and let you know. If you need info. on places to stay I can get list from Chamber of Commerce. We have hotels,motels and several Bed & Breakfast places. And you can always camp in areas near here, Kopachuck, Joemma parks, which are first come get the spots I think. I'll check that out also. So here's what I want from you all! Do a HAPPY SUN DANCE, so we'll have a sunny weekend!!  Sneakers  Wakka Wakka Dancing  Wakka-wakka Belly Dancer  Daddy-o Think SUN, beach!! Beach  Tanny  Volleyball 1  Beach Party  Beach Party  Sunburn  And think BBQ  BBQ  BBQ 1  Barbeque  Take care, Kathy
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

kittykatzmom
on 3/10/08 12:49 pm - Mason co., WA
Sounds like a fun time, and Sat. is good for me, as long as I know a little in advance. I'm in Shelton so it's not that far to go.   I'M THINKING SUN , but it's supposed to rain for the next couple of days.

~Cindy~

nancy6
on 3/10/08 12:59 pm - Tacoma, WA
Sounds like a great time!  A Saturday in July or August should give us a good chance at sunshine!!  Looking forward to a get together like that...  Thanks for taking the lead on getting it together.  Horseshoe Lake sounds good.  I've heard about the Rennaisance Faire - it would be fun to check that out as well.

~Nancy~

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 3/11/08 5:45 am - WA
Sounds like fun! Keep us posted!
Brandy L.
on 3/11/08 7:57 am - Baudour , Belgium
My hubby comes home sometime in the beginning of August so we probably wouldn't make it but would love to go if it's in July. It sounds like lots of fun! brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

PinkFlamingoes
on 3/16/08 3:22 am - Buckley, WA
Sounds like a lot of fun . I love Gig Harbor . Kathy

Kattin
on 3/16/08 8:02 am - WA
Well dang it!! They moved the Renninsance Faire to Belfair, so too far to get to. I chose July 19th, say around 11am to ? In Gig Harbor that day is the Arts and Craft fair, lots of things to do and see. They will have shuttle service from different areas, so if you wanted to do that after picnic you could. If you look up Gig Harbor on internet and go to visitors part, it shows the event. I"ll get maps, and pamplets on this. My hubby may be in San Diego at this time so I'll have learn how to do portable gas grill. You know men and their grilling, it's thier thing. After I get all the info. I'll post the update. It will be Horseshoe lake, as it has more ammenites I think. Take care, Kathy
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

Annie B.
on 3/17/08 2:00 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
July 19th is good for me (as far as I know right now anyway).  Sounds like lots of fun!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active