I'm baaaaack

Starting Over
on 3/10/08 8:25 am

So, it looks like I've missed a bunch of "goings-on" on the WA board while I was in Hawaii. I'll catch up soon. I just wanted to share with everyone how my first real post-op vacation went....EXCELLENT! I couldn't wait to sit my much smaller booty in the plane seat...and I did so with ease. NO NEED TO PUT THE ARM REST UP! I brought my seat belt extender just in case I would need it...and I never did. I was so excited I made my hubby take pics of my tummy and the plane seatbelt! I was more active, and got to enjoy so much more than I usually would on vacation...even hiked up a volcano and snorkeled. And yes...I wore a bathing suit, and wasn't the least bit self conscious.

I still have a long way to goal, but just wanted to shout to the world that I am so happy. I don't regret my RNY for one second. It has given me back a "normal" life and I couldn't be happier.

Terri Z.
on 3/10/08 9:27 am - Las Vegas, NV
Welcome back we missed you, and I am so happy for you woman, how awesome, Hawaii...I remember the first time we went, I swear the seat was for smaller people never even entered my mine that I was to fat for the seat, talk about a tight fit, if that seat wasn't bolted to the floor I know it would have stuck to my arse when I got up... I am so excited for you and happy that you had a wonderful time. You will be posting your pictures on your page right? you better I want to see you in Hawaii.... Talk to you soon Hugs Terri
kittykatzmom
on 3/10/08 10:15 am - Mason co., WA
WOW... sounds like you had a great time. with bathing suit and all. I have not worn a suit in atleast 15yrs. its gonna be strang to just go shopping for one this summer. I can't wait to have a "normal" life. POST PICS.  Your doin great keep it up.

~Cindy~

jillianD
on 3/10/08 11:38 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Wow sounds like you had a great time!  I can't wait for things like that to happen to me.  I can't wait to see the new pic's.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 3/10/08 12:15 pm - Tacoma, WA
How very fun!!!  So glad you had such a wonderful time - and with all those WOW! moments!!  Swimsuits, snorkeling, hiking - and best of all having room in the airplane seat!!!    So glad you had such a good time...  Welcome home!

~Nancy~

springjulie
on 3/10/08 12:16 pm - WA
Welcome home-glad to hear that you had a great time on vacation.  Come to chat tomorrow night from 7-9 so we can hear more about it.
southerngrl
on 3/11/08 6:08 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Welcome home and cograts on the wonderful time. We are going to Hawaii in October and I cant wait to wear the bathing suit and not cover up with a tee shirt. I am so glad that you are happy and I hope to feel the same as you in a short time ~Melissa
cfidecaro
on 3/12/08 12:00 am - Snohomish, WA

Welcome Home~ Glad to hear about all your sucesses on your trip. I will be getting on a plane in a coupple of weeks and was wondering the same thing...how wonderful it will feel to not have to ask for an extender!!! Post some pics..so we can enjoy Hawaii~

Collette

Annie B.
on 3/13/08 4:16 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Welcome home!!  Can't wait to see all your pictures and hear all about it!! *hugs* ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active