Moving to Washington

clh333
on 3/10/08 12:32 pm - WA
Hi Nancy! Thanks for the warm welcome!!  I cant wait to get to WA!!  I have looked at the posts for the summer get together everyone is planning, and hope to throw my hat in for that!  As for the drives...compared to where we live and the amount of time we spend driving VERY short distances, that will be cake! (figuretively spreaking!) Thanks again!
         Cheryl
Semper Paratus "Always Ready"
Semper Faveo "Always Supportive"

nancy6
on 3/10/08 12:57 pm - Tacoma, WA
I agree that the summer get together sounds like fun!  And I've been to So Cal and know that the driving here is much better!!  Especially if you stay away from Seattle and that commute - which shouldn't be too hard for you since you'll be over on the peninsula...  Good luck with all the packing and moving - it will be worth it to get up here to God's country!! 

~Nancy~

clh333
on 3/10/08 1:03 pm - WA
Im not so fond of Seattle proper.  The parking (and cost) is worse than the beaches here in CA.  I cant wait to get there.  I just got word that the house I spied in POrt Orchard on craigslist is ours, and fortunately we dont have to pack...YEA...the government does it for us and ships it up there.  So I think we will have a very smooth move.  We will probably be driving up with the furbabies at the end of the month, and meet the truck, and then my husband will fly back here till the end of April. OMG im sooo excited!!!!
         Cheryl

Helen_Anne
on 3/10/08 1:38 pm - Bremerton, WA
Cheryl... Seattle is a great place to visit!!... Walk on the ferry... go to the water front or Pike Place Market...  I "visit" Seattle everyday... hang out for 9 hours and come back home.  Well... I would not wish this on anyone.... but  I love my job.... just hate the commute! Helen
jillianD
on 3/10/08 2:22 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hey a big welcome!!!  Always glad to see another smilin face.  I had my surgery about a week before you and we have several others around your date!  Hope we get to hear more from you soon!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

clh333
on 3/17/08 2:23 am - WA
Hi Jillian thank you! I hope to be around often after I get settled!!   Its cool that there are so many peeps that have close surgery dates! 
         Cheryl

PinkFlamingoes
on 3/16/08 3:43 am - Buckley, WA
Welcome Cheryl . You'll love Washington . If you miss the ocean it's not that far of a drive to Ocean shores , Westport , or Long Beach  .  I'm a Coast Guard brat . My dad was in the Coast Guard until he retired . We do have a lot of military on this board , so you aught to feel right at home . You are doing great on your weight loss . I would think that you could see one of the bariatric doctors at the base . You might have to go to Madigan , in Tacoma , though . I'm just guessing . Welcome again . Kathy

clh333
on 3/17/08 12:01 am - WA

Hi Kathy thanks for the welcome!  I am really looking forward to the move...the countdown is on!!  Its funny...I Live  in Long Beach now!!  Not so sure I'll miss the ocean here though....the beaches are crowded and the waters always have something spilled in them...

My husband took me to Ocean Shores a few years ago for my birthday in August...It was sooo beautiful.  We got to ride horses on the beach...sure cant do that around here! Im very happy to have the military "presence" on this board...I do feel right at home!  Well once we get moved and settled Im hoping to meet up with all of you from the OH boards...I'll have alot of time on my hands till DH re joins me. Have a happy st pattys day!!!!!!!

Cheryl

PinkFlamingoes
on 3/17/08 12:06 pm - Buckley, WA
Cheryl , it's great that you are happy to be heading to Washington . A positive attitude is everything , when it comes to the turmoil of frequent moves . My mom usually worked at the bases nearest where we lived . As you know there aren't many "Coast Guard" bases . Just stations , usually . There is so much to do here , if you don't let the frequent rain bother you . If it didn't rain we would't be so green . Our beaches here are great , especially if you go during the week , but even on the weekend . Happy St. Paddy's day to you , too . Kathy

Annie B.
on 3/17/08 1:48 am, edited 3/17/08 1:48 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hi Cheryl! Welcome.  You are right where I would LOVE to be!  We are moving in October (we'll find out to where in July or so).  We're hoping for anywhere in California (or at least a decent 6 hours or less drive to Disneyland lol).   ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active