Moving to Washington

clh333
on 3/10/08 2:14 am - WA
Good Morning Washington! My name is Cheryl, and I live in So Cal...for now!  My family and I will be moving to Washington (Kitsap County) at the end of March.  My husband is military (uscg), and will be stationed at Bangor Sub Base. Im really looking forward to the move, living in WA.  Its my first BIG military move... Im also looking forward to talking to and making new friends in WA. I am almost 3 weeks out (on Weds) and down about 25 lbs.  And getting used to the new way of life! Thanks, talk to you all soon!!!
         Cheryl
Semper Paratus "Always Ready"
Semper Faveo "Always Supportive"

Helen_Anne
on 3/10/08 3:46 am - Bremerton, WA

Hi Cheryl... Welcome to Washington!  I live in Bremerton... close to the Ship Yard.  There is lots of support in the area... along with a WLS support group at the Naval Hospital. I have not gone yet... but I hope to soon.

Helen

clh333
on 3/10/08 4:10 am - WA

Hi Helen! Its good to know theres a SG at the hospital....I have yet to go to a "live" one yet...they always seemed to be cancelled!

I think we will be living in Port Orchard....think I found a place in the McCormick woods area.

It will be nice to get up there, and get settled in!

Thanks

Cheryl

kittykatzmom
on 3/10/08 4:50 am - Mason co., WA
Hi Cheryl, welcome, I go to the naval hosp. support group a great bucnh of people. its the 1st tues of every mo.  I used to Live in Silverdale and moved to Shelton about 10yrs ago. McCormick woods is a VERY nice area, we contemplated moving there but bought 5 acres instead farther out.,  Congrats on your surgery, you sound like you are doing great. keep it up, and let us know when you arrive.

~Cindy~

clh333
on 3/10/08 5:18 am - WA
Hi Cindy When we were up there, we looked around Silverdale, Poulsbo etc.  Love it!!  Port Orchard, we kinda spent about 10 minutes there, by the marina.  But Ive looked at the MW area on the net, and it looks super nice, wooded, natural...so different from So CA! I was kinda worried moving right now, fresh from surgery.  I wont even get to have my 3 mo F/U with my surgeon.  I just hope I can find a WLS doc to see up there, especially since he/she didnt perform the surgery! Im excited to get into the WLS community up in WA, and getting to the SG at the naval hosp! Thanks!
         Cheryl

cfidecaro
on 3/10/08 6:04 am - Snohomish, WA

Hi Cheryl Welcome to Washington...I am not Military, but most of the buddies I have are...Washington is a great place to live, especially iif you like outdoor stuff.

I had RNY 8/1/07 and am down about 115 pounds. I still have a bout 45 more to go. I am hoping to meet that by the 1 year mark...Congrats on being down 25pnds to date. I look forward to chatting with you Collette

clh333
on 3/10/08 12:36 pm - WA
Hi Collette thanks for the welcome!!  WOW look at you down 115 lbs!  That is awesome!!  I look forward to chatting with you too!!
         Cheryl

springjulie
on 3/10/08 6:12 am - WA
Welcome Cindy-  I am further north but we all support each other.  You are going to love it up here so muh to do.  We try and have chat Tues and Thurs 7-9 you are more than welome to come in and say hi and chat
clh333
on 3/10/08 12:37 pm - WA

Hi Julie thanks for the welcome!

I will come look for you all on chat tomorrow!!!

Thanks

Cheryl

nancy6
on 3/10/08 12:27 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Cheryl - Welcome to the Washington board!  And a hearty welcome to you as you move to beautiful Washington state!!  It is a wonderful place to live...  You'll find lots of support and friendship on this board and several of the gals are military as well so will probably have lots of good info for you on the military hospitals, etc.  I'm not military...  Looks like you are having big success with your weight loss - keep up the great work!!  I know there is a fairly new support group that meets in Gig Harbor on Thursday evening so you might want to check into that once you get settled in up here.  Gig Harbor would be a little bit of a drive from Port Orchard, but not too bad!  Again, welcome!!

~Nancy~

Most Active