I'm home...again!

Annie B.
on 3/9/08 4:47 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey everyone....well, as Jill posted, I was at Madigan again...JP site seemed to be infected and so I went into the ER Thursday night (plus my pain was getting a lot worse so that any movement I would cry out in pain).  They did all kinds of bloodwork and even a CAT scan - and they saw something in the CAT scan they were concerned about, so they admitted me to the hospital. So...back to 7N I went.  Thankfully I already knew most of the nurses, so that was pretty cool.   I got to hang out with Brandy a couple of times - she walked to my room and sat and talked for a while, then later I walked down to her room and sat and talked for a while.  It was pretty cool.  She's doing great.  Her mom arrived yesterday afternoon to help her out.  I'm glad she's going to have the help she needs! Anyway, I got discharged around 2pm on Saturday, came home and SLEPT SLEPT SLEPT.  This is the longest I've been able to sit in front of the computer since before surgery.  The pain is decreasing a little each day now, so I am very thankful for that.   I missed my first follow up appt where I would have been weighed...but I went with the wonderful nurse Kristen to the scale she weighed me on the day I left the first time.  This time...I was down to 293.2.  Down from 309.2!  WOO-HOO!!  16 pounds GONE! YAY!!! Well, I think I'm heading back into my bed to sleep a little more!  I'll be here to read (I just can't respond from my phone). Hugs to you all!! ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

kittykatzmom
on 3/9/08 11:18 am - Mason co., WA
I'm glad your home and starting to feel a little better. What did they find in the cat scan? 16 lbs,  you go girl . Also glad to hear Brandy is doing ok,  just rest and in no time you'll be up and around. Take care.

~Cindy~

jillianD
on 3/9/08 11:27 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Glad to hear that you made it home ok.  Get lots of sleep and we will see you here soon! BTW  16 lbs!?!?   Way to go!!!!  You rock!!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 3/9/08 1:05 pm - Tacoma, WA
Annie - So glad to hear that you are home again and doing much better.  I hope that whatever was going on is all taken care of now and you can just rest and get feeling better!  And to have 16 pounds gone - that's terrific!!  Thanks, too, for the update on Brandy - glad she's doing well, too, and getting some help from her mom.  That's always nice!  Take care of you!! Hugs!

~Nancy~

heyheyhey
on 3/10/08 5:32 am - WA

Glad to hear you are getting better and that they are taking care of you!  Get the rest you need and congrats on the 16lbs!

springjulie
on 3/10/08 6:25 am - WA
Glad to know that you are home again Annie-we were all worried about you.  WTG on the 16lbs.  Hopefully the rest of your recovery will go okay and you are getting plenty of rest.  See you soon
Most Active