Hi All!!

Shelley S.
on 3/9/08 3:11 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts, it means a lot to me! As Nancy said, I may be without net here soon, but have it this morning and wanted to go ahead and update real quick. I'm home and feeling better every day.  Other than the drain course, what a pita  lol. I've been able to keep water, crystal lite, chicken broth, carnation instant breakfast drink and strained cream of chicken soup, all with protein added of course, down so far.  Oh and sugar free pudding too.  I can't stand chocolate right now, feels and tastes to heavy but that's ok, it was my downfall before surgery  hehe.  It's amazing how full you feel and how quickly. Surgery itself went uncomplicated but with a little more bleeding than he liked, but really no complications and they were all happy with the surgery and my progress afterward. I can't wait to feel totally up to par again, I know it wont be long, but there is so much I want to do but dont dare, especially with moving.  I'll wait it out, even though it's hard hehhe. Much love to everyone.  I'm glad to hear Brandy is doing well and I hope Bev will be doing better really soon.  She'll be in my thoughts! I'll be back posting as much as ever soon.

kittykatzmom
on 3/9/08 3:52 am - Mason co., WA
Shelly you sound like your doing very well. and getting in the liquids with no prob.  yay for you. Can't wait to start seeing the changes your about to go through. keep up the positive attitude and hope to see you at a get together real soon.

~Cindy~

jillianD
on 3/9/08 11:31 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Keep on truckin girl, your house will always be there when you are ready, right now its all about you and taking it easy.  You don't want a set back.   I am glad that everything is going down ok for you.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

grandmabev47
on 3/9/08 11:53 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
Dear Shelly I'm glad your doing so well....Ireally chicken about trying protein again......coming up for two days was'nt so great....I think after the drain is out on tues....I'll start again .....at least I can get yougert down and it stays yogurt  is my new best friend...I have plenty of unflavored protein I 'll start mixinf it with my pruee food......I can barely get down a 1 ounce container before I burping and belching......I went back to the Dr. on friday and he was pleased with how well I was doing......I over did it and just freaked when the vomiting started.....glad to see you are doing so well.....take care....oh well I gained about 13 pds in the hospital ? such a bummer it would have been nice to break even.....see you soon Bev

nancy6
on 3/9/08 1:03 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hey, girl!!  So glad you were able to get on line and post an update.  Sounds like you are doing GREAT!!  And you'll be even better once you get that drain out...  I know you may not see this for a day or two, but know that thoughts and prayers are still with you for a speedy recovery.  Take care of yourself - make that family take care of you, too!    Can't wait to hear how you're doing in a few days.

~Nancy~

heyheyhey
on 3/10/08 5:35 am - WA
Wow, it does sound like you are doing great!!!
springjulie
on 3/10/08 6:42 am - WA
Great to hear that you are doing well.  So happy to hear that you are getting lots of fluid in you.  I am with you about getting up and about.  Hope to see you tues night at chat.  Take care.
southerngrl
on 3/11/08 6:06 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Shelly, Congrats on being hope and I pray that you keep up the great recovery. It wont be long till you are back to full speed. Take care and I will keep you in my prayers ~Melissa
Most Active