Introducing my self

mommyof5
on 3/4/08 8:28 am - Seattle, WA
Hi, My name is Kim, and I live in Seattle. I am 51yo, and awaitng insurance approval. I have been obese since the age of 5, and have done almost every diet known to man except surgery. My highest weight was 420 pounds, Im now at 390 and working on losing more now while waitng for a surgery date. My surgeon is Dr R. Thirlby, I'd love to hear from all of you, please drop me a email and say hi. Thanks Kim
kittykatzmom
on 3/4/08 8:55 am - Mason co., WA

Hi Kim, Welcome to our second home here. If you have any questions feel free to ask cuz someone is sure to have an answer for you. Good luck as you progress on this new life journey, the people on here represent all phases of this wonderful roller coaster ride you are on. Hope to hear more from you. keep us all posted on how your progressing.

~Cindy~

nancy6
on 3/4/08 9:21 am - Tacoma, WA
Welcome, Kim!!  Glad you posted a note so we could get to know you...  I'm also 51 and have been obese most of my life.  Had limited success with dieting - lost significant weight a couple times, but never for very long!  Sounds like you are definitely heading in the right direction - you've already lost weight and are just waiting for your surgery date.   I know my insurance approval came through pretty quickly after the surgeon's office submitted the request so hopefully your approval will come through soon!!  I'd be happy to share any of my experiences with you so if you have any questions, feel free to post a message or send me a PM.  I wish you all the best on this journey!!

~Nancy~

springjulie
on 3/4/08 10:17 am - WA
Welcome Kim-we also have chat every Tues and Thurs from 7-9pm make sure you are in Wa site and on left click on chat room.  We are a good group and support each other.  We are here for you.
VickiStevens
on 3/4/08 11:47 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi Kim, Welcome to the board!  I too live in Seattle, I'm over in West Seattle.   Good luck on your insurance approval and upcoming surgery.  It really is a godsend to those of us who are chronically obese. Take care.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Helen_Anne
on 3/4/08 12:01 pm - Bremerton, WA
Kim.... Welcome to the Washington Forum... I am also working towards getting insurance approva. I am doing the 6 month diet thing now. I  will have my surgery at Virginia Mason too. Helen
mommyof5
on 3/4/08 1:12 pm - Seattle, WA
May I ask which insurance is asking you for a 6 month diet? I did one in 1995 with Dr Kanter and one in 1987 with Dr Lusk, and recently twice over the last 4 years with Aim for heath with Carol henderson, all OPTIFAST, I was able to loose 200 pounds each time just never able to keep it off. I handed in my confirmation of attending the programs today. I'm an employee of VM and they have they're own requirements, will you have Dr Thirlby too? Oh please keep in touch with your progress. Your sister in the struggle. Kim
donnakay52
on 3/5/08 7:22 am, edited 3/5/08 7:23 am - Snohomish, WA
Hi Kim,  I had open RNY on 8/27/07 with Dr Thirlby at Virginia Mason as well and I am now 52 yrs old.  I have lost a total of 115 lbs so far, 30 lbs of that being shortly before the surgery as an insurance requirement.  My husband works for the state so we have Uniform Medical which requires six months of retraining in diet and exercise before you will be approved for surgery.  If you have any questions, I would love to hear from you.  Donna Kay

cfidecaro
on 3/6/08 6:54 am - Snohomish, WA
Hi Kim and Welcome~ There are a bunch of great people here! Congrats on losing 30 pounds on your own ...as most of us here know that is HUGE!!! Looking forward to reading about your journey~ Collette

Most Active