Olympia support group?

jillianD
on 3/3/08 9:03 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi all I was contacted by someone who wanted to know if there was a WLS support group in the oly area.  Anyone know?? TKS peeps!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

kittykatzmom
on 3/3/08 9:34 am - Mason co., WA
It would be nice, but I haven't heard of one.

~Cindy~

Debbie P.
on 3/3/08 2:51 pm - Cosmopolis, WA
Nah... I need to find something soon as well.
lizzybear
on 3/5/08 2:49 am - Olympia, WA
I asked quite a while ago and didn't find any.  The closest was vitalady's support group in Puyallup, but their time just didn't work for me.  I get off at 4:30 and didn't have anything to do until it started at 7:00, and I live too far south to go home and then drive back north.  I sure wish there was.  I have a couple friends I see every day who are post-op, but they're 3-1/2 years out, so lots has changed since they went through this.  I'd like to have current info.  My doctor has a support group, but it's in Federal Way.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

nancy6
on 3/5/08 4:09 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi - just an FYI...  There is a new group starting on March 17 at 5:30.  It will meet at the Summit View branch of the Pierce County library.  It's fairly close to Vitalady so if you had considered her group, this one might work for you.  It's going to be the 3rd Monday at 5:30 each month.  I know I've seen posts about it, but can't remember the leaders OH name.  It's susu something.  The group is call Thru Thick n Thin and you might be able to find something on the OH site about it.  I think the support groups are so helpful - I hope you'll be able to find one that works for you!  If I can find some more info on the new one, I'll send it your way.  Take care...

~Nancy~

nancy6
on 3/5/08 4:13 am - Tacoma, WA
Here's the post I was talking about.... Post Date: 3/4/08 2:27 pm
  The "Thru Thick N' Thin" OH Support Group will begin monthly meetings on Monday, March 17th. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend! 
   We will focus on personal interaction and support, as well as discussing a "topic of the month, and enjoy occasional guest speakers.  Please click on the link beneath my signature for more information. The online portion of this group will be starting soon. 
  Questions??

Susan  - Thru Thick N' Thin
ObesityHelp Certified Support Group Leader  www.obesityhelp.com/group

~Nancy~

lizzybear
on 3/5/08 4:22 am - Olympia, WA
Darn, I already have a commitment that I have to do on Mondays after work with my husband.  Great info, though, for others would could make that - the time is great!  You'd still get home at a reasonable hour.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active