Would anyone be intersted in a summer get together?

Kattin
on 2/29/08 12:41 pm - WA
I was thinking it would be nice to have summer get together so we can meet others.  Not sure where to meet? Maybe Seattle area is more central, but driving into city and parking can be a bummer. A park maybe? We could share WLS recipes. Anyone have any ideas, and what month, day would work? Some could car pool together. I know gas is supposed to be higher by than. I'm down now with the dang flu, but so looking for summer. Lol, so this popped into my head. Merrilee and I live in Gig Harbor, and we have lovely waterfront to walk along and a area to picnic, but not sure if it's too far for some. Let me know if you're interested. Take care, Kathy
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

Shelley S.
on 2/29/08 11:50 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
I think that sounds like a wonderful idea!  I would love to get together with everyone! I think since we are thinking this far out, most would be able to make the plans ahead of time and car pooling is an awesome idea too!  So count me in 

Helen_Anne
on 3/1/08 12:42 am - Bremerton, WA
Count me in too... just dont make it the last week in June when  I am on my quilting vacation. Helen
grandmabev47
on 3/1/08 1:13 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
sounds good for me ....I live in Olympia and would rather drive to gig harbor than Seattle or even Port townsend  rather than seattle less traffic..... thanks great idea Bev

springjulie
on 3/1/08 1:44 am - WA
Sounds great to me too.  Gig Harbor is so pretty.  Those of us that have to travel I know will probally get a hotel-but Gig Harbor is not really that far away. 
Cynthia H.
on 3/1/08 1:54 pm - Renton, WA
Sounds like a fun time.  You can count me in as long as I'm available that day.

Cindy  

cheryl D.
on 3/1/08 4:44 pm - bellingham, WA
Me too!  Is Gig Harbor south or North of Seatle?  I always get lost in Seatle.  I always have to use the on line thing and get lost most of the time anyway.
Kattin
on 3/1/08 11:55 pm - WA
Thanks for all the replies. I'll have to check with city and see when events are planned. They do several and we want a get togther when they're not having something as it gets busy during these.  June 1-8th is out for me, going to my favorite place Cannon Beach. Sunburn  Do we want to be along downtown waterfont and be able to visit shops? Or do we want to go to a park? If people don't want pack food I can check out some places and see if they can make up WLS friendly box lunches.  Gig Harbor is south from Seattle, and as I said some can maybe car pool. And remember we have a toll bridge now, so going back over bridge is $3 a car. Oh, and do we want just us or have spouses and family to come? I can check out the bigger parks and see whats booked. Let me know, and I'll get things rolling. Take care, Kathy
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

Chris M.
on 3/2/08 1:44 am - Graham, WA
Sounds like fun to me.  Count me in.  I live in Graham so it's only a little over an hour away for me. Chris

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 3/3/08 12:59 am - WA
Count me in! It sounds like fun! I had a potluck pool party last summer it was fun! Merrilou
Most Active