TUMMY TUCK, anyone?

merrillee
on 2/29/08 6:19 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12
So excited!  I met a fab plastic surgeon today and am having a major tummy tuck on April 1!  Dr. Art Foley in Lacey.  Super nice office and people.  Super nice guy.   YIPPEE! Merrillee

Shelley S.
on 2/29/08 7:02 am - Ft Lewis, WA
That's awesome, CONGRATS!!

Terri Z.
on 2/29/08 7:34 am - Las Vegas, NV
That is so exciting. Rah, Rah, Rah. Congrats.... So what kind are they gonna do? I had the Anchor cut with hernia repair. He took 6 pounds of skin from me... So glad I had it and glad its over... Good Luck Terri
nancy6
on 2/29/08 10:47 am - Tacoma, WA
That's great to know - thanks for sharing...  I'll look forward to hearing how it all works out for you.  I'm not anywhere near ready for a TT yet, but suspect that will be in the future.  I know Dr. Oh does the TT, too - any particular reason you chose not to have him do it?  Please don't feel obligated to answer, but I'm just curious.  If you'd rather send me a PM about it, that would be fine, too.  Anyway, congrats on your upcoming surgery and I wish you all the best.  I hope your group in Gig Harbor got off to a great start last night.  It's a bit far for me to travel since I live in NE Tacoma (very near Federal Way)...

~Nancy~

VickiStevens
on 2/29/08 11:15 am - Tacoma, WA
Congratulations!  I had my tummy tuck last April (Srikanth - my weight loss surgeon) did mine.  He took of almost three pounds of loose skin.  That changed my size from a 6 to a 4.  I can't believe how flat my tummy is.  You will LOVE IT!!!!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
kit_n_fish
on 3/3/08 4:02 pm - KENT, WA

Srikanth is my dr. too!  How was the pain afterward and the recovery time?  Do they really cut you almost all the way around your midsection???  Sounds like it willbe painful!  I know i will end up getting it done myself, but, just REAL curious?

thanks!

VickiStevens
on 3/3/08 11:47 pm - Tacoma, WA

They cut you from basically the bottom of the breast bone to the bikini line and then from hip to hip.  It is often called an "anchor" cut, but Srikanth does the bottom incision is more like a soft "W".

Yes, it is painful, but the pain is managable with the liquid vicadin.  I don't believe in being a martyr!   It was very much worth it.  The tummy tuck really made a difference in how my clothes fit and how I feel about my looks.  It's amazing.   Good luck. 

Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
kittykatzmom
on 3/1/08 12:47 am - Mason co., WA
Your gonna look awesome, post pics so we can all see what we have to look forward to.

~Cindy~

springjulie
on 3/1/08 1:46 am - WA
Congrats on your tummy tuck!  Keep us posted on how you are doing. Julie
merrillee
on 3/1/08 2:51 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12
Everyone!  You are so nice!  Thank you for the encouragement.  He is doing the regular kind of tummy tuck, cutting along the bikini line, tightening my muscles, that kind of thing. Just ONE month away! Merrillee

Most Active