Surgery moved up,will have in 13 days!!!!!!!

eclin49
on 3/1/08 1:17 am - Yelm, WA
As previousely stated the first few days are the hardest and then each day gets a bit easier the closer you get to your surgery date.  I had to do a few battles with my head.  The funny thing is I wasn't craving foods that I would normally be craving like pizza, I was craving steamed veggies, refried beans, and scrambled eggs.  It was rather funny.  Keeping a positive attitude and humor going also helped me over the tiny bumps.  Good luck :-)
southerngrl
on 3/5/08 1:40 am - Mt Vernon, WA
I am doing pretty good, but feel a little drain I have 2 full time jobs and 1 part time job so I go nonstop until my head hits the pillow. I thank god I was blessed with a sense of humor, it makes life so much better
nancy6
on 3/5/08 1:16 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Melissa - If you are still feeling a bit drained (and who wouldn't with your schedule?!?!), you might try increasing the amount of protein shakes you are having each day.  You might want to call or email Tina first to make sure it's OK, but I can't imagine there would be a problem with that.  I hope you're doing great with the clear liquids - sounds like you don't have much time to think about it!    The 13th will be here before you know it!

~Nancy~

grandmabev47
on 3/1/08 1:38 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
thought  I'd  send you a hug and kiss.....!!! that's great about being moved up......it's so exciting when something like that happens! I wish I had to do a liquid diet.....my date is 3-3 and the last 2 days people have said to me let's go out to lunch or dinner I keep telling them I will be able to eat  just not so much......some people have a redconcieved idea a wls......anyway it'll be great....I'm so happy for you...good luck..  Bev

southerngrl
on 3/5/08 1:42 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Thanks for the hug and kiss! You will have your surgery by the time you see this. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Let me know when you are back on here and feel up to chatting.
springjulie
on 3/1/08 1:52 am - WA
woohooo that is so great on the move up date!  It is so nice to have the surgury done and start on the rest.  Will keep you in my thoughts Julie
southerngrl
on 3/5/08 1:45 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Thank you Julie, I am ready to begin my new life and leave the person behind that I have grown to dislike very much. The liquids are not to bad but there is a good reason for them and I will stick by all the rules....dont want failure anymore
eclin49
on 3/5/08 11:28 pm - Yelm, WA
When I had my pre op appointment I told Dr Harai that I was still having hunger problems and he told me it was fine to add in 1 more shake.  What I ended up doing is going with 4 shakes for 3 days and I wasn't hungry.  After those 3 days on 4 shakes I cut back to 3 and I was fine, in fact the last 3 days before surgery I would have been fine with 2 but I drank that 3rd one because that was what I was supposed to do
Most Active