Surgery moved up,will have in 13 days!!!!!!!

Shelley S.
on 2/29/08 3:47 am - Ft Lewis, WA
That's awesome!!!! Congrats!!!

southerngrl
on 2/29/08 5:20 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Thank you Shelly, I am sooooooooooooo ready!
jillianD
on 2/29/08 4:08 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Wow Melissa that is just great!!  No suggestions on the liquid diet other that I hear its better after the 3rd day.  Take care and I can't wait to see your results as time goes on!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

southerngrl
on 2/29/08 5:21 am - Mt Vernon, WA

You are always so sweet Jillian, thank you for the support. I will let you know how things go and will stay on here for all the love and help everyone gives.

How are you feeling ? I have been praying for you.

nancy6
on 2/29/08 4:17 am - Tacoma, WA
That's great, Melissa!!!  I'm so happy for you...     I had Dr. Oh also so went through the 2 week clear liquid diet.  The one thing I can say is that the first few days were the hardest - I had a slight headache from the sugar and carb withdrawal, but once that passed it wasn't so bad.  I did eat the SF jello and popsicles, which helped - at least you can "kind of" chew those!    I also found that I liked broth made from "Better Than Boullion" - it seemed to have a little more "oomph" than just regular bouillion...  Your day will be here before you know it!!!  Hang in there!!

~Nancy~

southerngrl
on 2/29/08 5:36 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Nancy, I am doing pretty good so far with the liquids but I am only a day and half into it. haha! Thanks for the tip on the broth, I have not been happy with others I have had so far. I have a huge question/favor I would like to ask you. I do not have a angel and was wondering since we have the same doctor would you mind being mine? I am the first case to go on the 13th I am scgheduled for 530 am and I hope they will let me go home on friday.
nancy6
on 2/29/08 10:40 am - Tacoma, WA
I'd be very happy to be your angel!!  Thank you for asking...  I'm glad the liquids are going OK so far - I know you'll do fine.  I think it's very reasonable to think you could go home on Friday.  I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 on a Thursday, too, and I was able to go home by noon on Friday.  Just to give you an idea of the surgery day - everything went very quickly and smoothly when I got to the hospital.  I didn't really have much time to be nervous or anything.  I'm sure I was the first surgery of the day.  Dr. Oh came out and told my husband the surgery was over about 10:20 and I remember being in my room about 2:30 p.m.  After that everything just kept moving along.  I was up and walking quite a bit that evening and through the night.  Honestly, I didn't sleep very much or very well at all, but didn't really mind.  Dr. Oh and Dr. Hirai both stopped by the next morning and said I could go home!  I hope your experience goes as well!  I'll be in touch between now and the 13th!!

~Nancy~

lorisb
on 2/29/08 12:45 pm - Vancouver, WA
Woo Hoo!  Enjoy those liquids!  And congrats on getting bumped up!!!!
southerngrl
on 3/5/08 1:38 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Thank you , I am sooo excited and ready to get this going!
kiranicole
on 2/29/08 3:39 pm - WA
Congratulations that's great!!

Most Active