OT: DH just informed me we might be transfered to WA from SC

val_aiken
on 2/28/08 11:59 pm - Port Angeles, WA
Hello I am Val at this moment I live in South Carolina.  We could be transfered very shortly to the Port Angelis area.  Is there anyone familiar with the area.  Also with a LB surgeon Thanks Val
S Andrews
on 2/29/08 12:05 am - eatonville, WA
Hi Val, I'm not too familiar with the physicians in the Port Angeles area BUT You are coming to one of the most beautiful places on earth. There are a lot of bariatric surgeons up here so I don't think you'll have any problem finding someone to help you. Welcome Sharon
val_aiken
on 2/29/08 12:15 am - Port Angeles, WA
Thank you, it is not a sure thing yet, and it will be either Port Angeles or Amanda Park.  I am little concerned about the amount of rain. Val
S Andrews
on 2/29/08 1:23 am - eatonville, WA
The rain really isn't as bad as most people say. It has only rained once or twice this week and it has been at night. If you live more towards Squim area over by Port Angeles they get the least amount of rain in Western Washington because they are in an area protected by the mountains I believe. Its a beautiful area where a lot of older people go to retire  because the weather is so nice thru-out the whole year.
kittykatzmom
on 2/29/08 1:51 am - Mason co., WA
Hi Val,  As the previous post said you would be coming to a gorgeous place, Port Angeles is a fairly big town and is growing all the time, Amanda Park is very small but pretty close to the ocean, There are lots of bariatric surgeons around, I'm sure Port Angeles has a few, but I doubt Amanda Park does, you will probably have to go into Aberdeen for one.  Good luck on where ever you get sent.

~Cindy~

Helen_Anne
on 2/29/08 4:51 am - Bremerton, WA

Hi Val.... My parents live in Port Angeles... and is beautiful there...and generally has less rain then the rest of the Western Washington.  Plus you would be close to the San Juan Islands... which are breath taking! While there may be bariatric surgeons in Port Angeles.... I would suggest going to one of the hospitals that are Centers of Excellence. Also, make sure your surgion does a minimum of 50 bariatric cases a year and the hospital does 125 cases (this is the Bariatric Center of Excellence minimums).  You may need to travel to Seattle or Federal Way or Bellevue.

Helen

VickiStevens
on 2/29/08 11:22 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi Val, I don't know of any surgeons in the Port Angeles area, but it really is not that far from Federal Way which is where my surgeon is. My surgeon is Dr. Srikanth.  He was actually the first surgeon in the Northwest to place the band in a patient.  He did my surgery in January 2003 - I have had wonderful success.  As have many of his band patients.  He actually posts a higher weight loss percentage than most band surgeons.   If you would like more info, feel free to PM me. Take care, good luck and welcome to the the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Kattin
on 2/29/08 12:26 pm - WA
As others have said, less rain in Port Angeles. It's really a nice area, lovely veiws. You can even see Canada on clear days. The Black Ball ferry sails from Port Angeles to Victoria BC daily. It's a must see trip. We drive up to area several times a year. We live in Gig Harbor which is about 2 hrs from Port Angeles. My Dr. is Dr. Oh. and does lap bands. He's in Federal Way and has glowing reports. Just google bariatric surgeons in Wa. state, than maybe you can get better idea on what's close to where you'll be. Maybe the Dr. you were seeing can refer you to one? Let us know if your transferred here. There maybe support groups near you. Take care, Kathy
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

Most Active