Madigan revisions

S Andrews
on 2/28/08 12:10 pm - eatonville, WA
Does anyone know if Madigan does revision surgery or if Tri Care covers revisions? I had RNY in 2005 and was referred out by TriCare but did all my tests and pre-qualifications at Madigan . Unfortunetly my surgery was not very successful and I need a revision from proximal to distal in order to lose the weight. Thanks Sharon
jillianD
on 2/28/08 1:04 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I know that they have done revisions for issues like fissures or physical surgery problems, not sure about going from a proximal to a distal.   Good luck.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

S Andrews
on 2/28/08 1:29 pm - eatonville, WA
Thanks for responding Jillian. This is such a journey!!!
Terri Z.
on 2/28/08 11:34 pm - Las Vegas, NV

Hi Sharon,  another one of the reason's why I came here was for a revision, but had to have hernia/TT first then the doc said in 4-6 month he do the revision. I know that Tri-Care covers it, I am tri-care prime, and they paid for my TT/hernia. All you can do is call and make an appointment with Madigan and then go from there. I am not going to do the revision since I found an eating plan that showed me I can lose the weight I had gained from eating the wrong foods. Good Luck Terri

S Andrews
on 2/29/08 12:01 am - eatonville, WA
Hi Terri, Could you share your eating plan- I am always searching for something that will help until I too can figure out what I nee to do. I will call Madigan today and see what they can do if anyting. Right now I am Tricare Prime but plan on switching to Tri Care standard. Thanks for the info Sharon 
Terri Z.
on 2/29/08 1:47 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi again, I bought the 6 week body make over plan,(6wbmo)  I started it before this last surgery and lost about 9 pounds the first week then went off it cuz of the surgery, I started it back up today, I am tweeking it a little, cuz right now I need my milk. The Nut. at Madigan said its a good plan, because that is the way we should eat after gastric bypass. I never did the eating part right in the 8 years, I still lost the weight but it wasn't healthy. Then started to regain,( all that junk food) Now that I am doing it right, I am not going through cravings, and I really feel so much better. Plus its so darn easy. you get check it out here http://forums.provida.com/forums/default.aspx Terri
Susan O.
on 2/29/08 2:19 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi!      Madigan has done a few revisions - it will depend on your co-morbidities more than anything else. Beware, if you go off Tricare Prime, your access to Madigan will be severely limited.     I tried the 6 week body makeover a year before surgery. I was glad there was a money back guarantee, as I followed it religiously, and it did very little for me. Another case of "depends on the individual!"   Good luck!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

S Andrews
on 2/29/08 2:51 am - eatonville, WA
Thanks Susan, I just spoke with a gal from Tri Care and she was very helpful. The Dr that we had chosen for our family accepts TriCare Prime and if I can't have a revison done out at Madigan the one that I was looking at also accepts Tricare Prime so I'm headed out there in a little bit to try and get things started. Thanks Again Sharon
Most Active