Anyone From oak harbor been to Madigan?

Bettiedidnt
on 2/26/08 8:56 am - Oak Harbor, WA
VSG on 09/24/08 with
Hey all! I've been lurking for a bit but I've got a question.  I've got a consult with Dr. Sebesta on 3/13/08 for Lap-band surgery and I'm wondering if any Oak Harbor Navy people have been down to Madigan's program. I guess I'm wondering if they are really going to make me come to Ft. Lewis for all the classes or if there's an alternative due to the distance.  I'll go if I have to, but it would sure be nice NOT to have to! LOL Plus, I'm also wondering if anyone has been approved with a lower BMI.  Mines 36.3 with comorbidities... Any input would be appreciated!  Thanks!
Brandy L.
on 2/26/08 2:42 pm - Baudour , Belgium
Hi. My BMI was 36.7 at my pre-op appt with the surgeon. And I did have a comorbidity so I easy passed for the surgery. my surgery date is 3/31/08. Also once you have your appt with Dr. Sebesta you will get a card with the contact info for the Pathway. You then have to call the number and get scheduled into a Pathway intro class. Also...I have met many people from Oak Harbor going through the process as well. The good thing is I was able to all my classes literally on a Wednesday, the following Tuesday and Wednesday and was done until my pysch eval. ( I finished my pathway in 1 week...but Meg highly discourages that and I did have to wait about a month for my pysch referral). But you can probably schedule it that way and explain to Meg why you did. I would schedule my appt with the nutrition clinic for the weight management classes now and try to get your other 2 appt around those days so you can lump them all together. If that makes sense. If you have any questions...just ask. Brandy 

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Bettiedidnt
on 2/27/08 1:20 am - Oak Harbor, WA
VSG on 09/24/08 with

Brandy- Thanks! That's so encouraging to hear!  I can always stay on base for a day or two if I have to.  Thanks for the info!

southerngrl
on 2/27/08 1:48 am - Mt Vernon, WA
I can give you a lot of information since I am a Navy also, it would be easier for you to call me if you would like. There is soooooooooooo much that you need to know but would take to long on here. If you would like to chat on the phone let me know and I will give you my number. ~Melissa
Bettiedidnt
on 3/11/08 2:47 am - Oak Harbor, WA
VSG on 09/24/08 with
Thanks Melissa!  I'll be contacting you shortly here, been a really rough couple of weeks for me.  2 more days til consult day!!!  Yay me!
Most Active