Evil blood draws...

Annie B.
on 2/25/08 5:22 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with

Ugh!  Went in for the last of my blood work today. SO last time, they poked my arm, couldn't find the vein...so then went for the top of the hand. THIS time...she started with the top of my hand...then went on to my wrist!! MY WRIST!  Man it hurts so bad!!  Even four hours later...picking things up with the wrist - and squeezing my hand shut hurts. ANd it was my left wrist (I am left-handed) *pout*

Anyway...in 24 hours I'll be calling to find out my surgery time!!!!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 2/25/08 6:51 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ouchie!!  Did you hydrate like I told ya?? Oh I would cry if they went for my wrist!! I can't wait to hear the time!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 2/25/08 8:04 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Sorry the vampires hurt you today girl, the side of my wrist is actually my favorite place for an IV, but blood draws, no I would much rather them come from my arm.  I too can't wait to hear your time, I'll be on the table a week from tomorrow myself, so I know how excited you are!

Terri Z.
on 2/25/08 8:04 am - Las Vegas, NV
OUCH! I been there done that Miss Annie,but remember this is a training base, so be ready for more of the poking, and make sure you tell em next time to stay away from the hand and wrist. Those are the ones that hurt the most. Talk to you soon Hugs Terri
kittykatzmom
on 2/25/08 9:22 am - Mason co., WA
Annie, I am soooo happy for you, you have been waiting for this day for quite awhile, your gonna do great.  my thoughts are gonna be with you for a quick recovery. Your gonna do awesome.

~Cindy~

grandmabev47
on 2/25/08 9:45 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
ANNIE, i'M DRINKING WATER LIKE CRAZY BECAUSE TOMORROW THE VAMPIRES GO FOR ME AND THEY ALSO HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING THE VEINS.......i FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU.... DID THEY TELL YOU TO CALL OR THAT THEY WOULD CALL YOU....THEY SAID THEY WOULD CALL ME  I ASSUME ON FRI.... BECAUSE MY SURGERY IS MON. THE 3RD....? IF SO WHAT NUMBER DO YOU HAVE PLEASE FORWARD IT TO ME.....THANKS BEV

Annie B.
on 2/25/08 10:00 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
If you're going in for your preop stuff tomorrow...they will give you the info then...I have a sheet of paper with all my instructions including when to call and what number to call tomorrow to find out my surgery time.  Don't worry...you'll get all the info you need when you go in tomorrow...*hugs*

Cynthia H.
on 2/25/08 11:26 am - Renton, WA
My veins are usually pretty hard to find.  I was so happy that on the day of surgery, they got it the first time!!!!! You reminded me, I need to go in and have the complete workup done again for my second fill visit. Joy, Joy!!!!!

Cindy  

Brandy L.
on 2/25/08 12:23 pm - Baudour , Belgium
Hey Annie, Wow.. i can't believe its time for your surgery already! Wow...how time flies. I will be at Madigan tomorrow (support group), Wednesday (one on one with nutritionist...my choice) and then again Friday. Uggh seems like I am always there. Are you going to support group tomorrow? I am sooo excited to hear when your surgery time is. I will probably stop by to see you on Wednesday.  Oh.. and my 3 year-old daughter had to have blood drawn about 3 weeks ago and the dang lady missed 3 times. She was screaming and crying because it hurt. So I totally know how frustrating it is. I just wanted to cry.  Good luck and I can't wait to join you on the other side. Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Annie B.
on 2/25/08 12:51 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Brandy, I won't be at the support group - can't make it then - dh is at work and I've got two very active little boys - that wouldn't work there LOL. I would love it if you stop by!  I can't promise I will remember anything...but I will have something that all my visitors can sign...I really want to know who came lol. ~Annie

Most Active