NEW Support Group in Gig Harbor WA!

merrillee
on 2/23/08 2:25 pm - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12
Hi All!  I just wanted to let everyone know that we are starting a new support group in Gig Harbor on Thursday nights from 7:00 to 8:30 pm at the new Borders Book Store Cafe.  Please come!  Also!  Please invite anyone you know who is thinking about any kind of weight loss surgery.  Looking forward to meeting you! Merrillee

merrillee
on 2/26/08 9:51 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12
I've been out posting fliers for the support group all over the Harbor the last few days.  Let me know if you've seen them! Merrillee

Kattin
on 2/27/08 12:29 am - WA
Hi! Haven't seen the flyers. But I really want to attend the support group. Have it marked on my calender. See ya tomorrow night. Take care, Kathy
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

merrillee
on 2/27/08 3:39 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12
Hey Kathy! Can't wait to meet you! Mer

Helen_Anne
on 2/28/08 8:35 am - Bremerton, WA

I have to have my surgery at VMMC, but could I go the support group?  I live in Bremerton, and this is closer than Federal Way.

Helen

merrillee
on 2/28/08 9:09 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12

Helen! Everyone is welcome!  Please come

Merrillee

soontoBthin
on 3/1/08 2:03 am

I am a new bander (2/25/2008) and very pleased to have found your Web sight and equally pleased to know that you are starting a new support group.  I attended a support group in Port Orchard (pre- surgery) and was terribly disappointed.  They served rice soup and high calorie yogurt, (140 cal)  which totally dumfounded me.  The stories of betting who made it to the bathroom first to throwup on a restuarant outing, and the story of "I don't keep bread in my  house, but when I go  out to eat I can't wait for the bread to reach table.  I slather it with butter and of course enjoy it immensely until I have to run to the bathroom."  I expressed my dismay and got a reply of "Well, we have to be able to laugh about this or it would be too hard.  You just have to learn to lighten up".  I must say I almost cancelled my surgery but then after a day or so of muling over that evening I realized that could not possibly be the norm of support groups.  I am looking forward to what I am hoping will be a better experience, and yes I love to laugh, but did not find those stories laughable. Suzanne

Most Active