little (but coulda been big) problem solved

hangokid11
on 2/22/08 2:29 am - MT
For those who were in the chatroom last night (thursday night), I had called the coordinator at Virginia Mason and she said not to worry if the event happens of " no more medicaid " I'm still covered by the charity care that was set up to cover the nutritional consults that were not covered by Medicare and Medicaid which will expand to cover the 20% co-pay of Medicare for the next 3 months. One little hairy problem that could have been ugly is covered. Sure don't want to pay 6000 bucks outta my pocket.  thank you for your support.  I appreciate those chatroom supports every tues and thursday  it's a  blessing!
nancy6
on 2/22/08 6:49 am - Tacoma, WA
That's great, Kelly...  I wasn't in the chat room last night, but I can only imagine how much better you feel getting that info!  It's always good to have things checked out so you know the options.  Sounds like things are pretty well covered for you - that's great!!

~Nancy~

hangokid11
on 2/22/08 6:55 am - MT
Oh yeah, ever since I called this morning and I've been on cloud nine....knowing that I don't have to worry about that particular part that could mess up the whole plan. Now,  I know I can't control the things such as  if the surgeon is sick or other staff or if a wind storm  or whatever (knock on wood) happens.... a delay is more of a  welcome than a "sorry can't do the surgery cuz of costs" situation.
tiggerfan0464
on 2/22/08 7:02 am - Everett, WA
Kelly,
That is great news. I am glad you called them this morning to straighten it all out.

springjulie
on 2/22/08 12:04 pm - WA
Kelly that is great news.  Things that are meant to be will be!  You must be elated.
Most Active