angel needed for my surgery date

hangokid11
on 2/19/08 12:17 pm - MT
Hiya!!!   Glad we had all gotten together on the Washington forum chatroom tonight. It was neat....   hope we'll do it more often and meet again on Thursday 7-9 i suppose....   Anyway,  was told to post for an angel  so hereeee      any 's available????   gimme a buzz!  Thanks!! 
Brandy L.
on 2/19/08 4:39 pm - Baudour , Belgium
Kelly I would love to be your angel but I am going to be fresh out of surgery myself. So I will leave the job for someone else. But I would love to be able to encourage you all along the way and you can help encourage me too!!!  Best of luck. Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Helen_Anne
on 2/20/08 1:23 am - Bremerton, WA
Kelly... I can be your Angel.... since I will be just across the street from your hospital that day.  I have never been an angel... and I am waiting to get approved for surgery. Let me know if I am selected! Helen
Starting Over
on 2/20/08 4:34 am
Hi Kelly! Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I have never been an angel, but I'd be glad to do it! It looks like we live in the same area. Is your surgeon at UW?
springjulie
on 2/20/08 7:45 am - WA
Okay I have a question What is a angel?
nancy6
on 2/20/08 12:08 pm - Tacoma, WA
Here's what I found about angels.  I hope this helps answer your question... What is an Angel? An angel is a buddy who who looks after someone else during the period of their surgery. Maintaining contact and offering support during this period is important. Angels play a vital role of relaying information back and forth between the person and their friends on the internet.Are there specific duties of an angel? The role is an informal one, but two tasks are:     1. Post updates to the person's surgery status page     2. If the person approves, print their card from the web site and fax it to them while they are in the hospital. The best way to do this is often to fax it to their surgeon's office for the surgeon to deliver to them. Part of the reason for assigning angels is so that surgeon's offices don't receive multiple copies of the same messages to relay. Who decides who angels are? Only you can decide who your angel will be.How can I become an Angel? Look at the list of people on the surgery dates page. Those people who don't have a red dot by their name don't have an angel. You can ask such people if they would like an angel. If they are interested, then have them go into their profile and list you as their angel.How can I get an Angel? Do the above step the other way around. As soon as you find someone interested in being your angel, list them on your profile.

~Nancy~

nantimms
on 2/20/08 9:54 pm - Ocean Shores, WA
Kelly:  Maybe you can have more than one angel?  I am willing.  nan

springjulie
on 2/20/08 10:29 pm - WA
Thanks for the info on what an Angel is.  Tigger (Kathy) will probally be mine.   Will talk to her later today.  It is great to see Kelly how many people are here for you for support on being your angel.  Hard to pick just one.  I am sure that you will do it.  Did you find a note taker for your apts.?
hangokid11
on 2/21/08 1:36 am - MT
No they were not able to take a notetaker... but since I did bring my "homework" research to the surgeon's office,  it wasn't necessary... since I had notes! But with the Nutritional consult, she wrote in some notes in the handout that she gave me. So, basically I did ok without one.  Thanks for asking.
Most Active