Introducing ME

Suzanne_G
on 2/18/08 11:00 am - Spokane Valley, WA
If you really shop around, some protein shakes are not so bad.  I really like procompex.  Choc.. mix half a banana, ice .. i use milk, no****er.. put it in the magic bullet..  its great! But we dont have to drink them forever.. some dr's dont even let us use them anymore.. and we can stop when we eat enough protein. (which come sooner than most think) Good luck!!   Im in Spokane Valley.   Suzanne Ps.. be prepared to have your measurements and take a picture!  These are so helpful later, when you "think" your stalling because the scale isnt moving..but your body is still losing sizes. (these last 4 months..  i have gone from a 14 to a size 10.. lost plenty of inches.. but not one pound!)  Oh well..at least im shrinking.  But a warning not to be a slave to a scale.  The best measuring stick you can use, is measuring..trying on clothes you know were  alittle too tight last month, etc. Good luck!
hangokid11
on 2/18/08 11:03 am - MT
Welcome to the Washington board!!!  Good luck!
jillianD
on 2/18/08 12:06 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi and welcome!  Post away I am sure that you will have questions down the line!!  As far as protein goes yep those tastebuds do change.  I am a new post op so I am working hard to find something I can live with.  LOL  Lucky I found a sight where I got over 20 different samples so I can shop flavors.  If you want it just let me know. Take care and good luck!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nantimms
on 2/20/08 10:07 pm - Ocean Shores, WA
Hi Jillian:  I'd love to know where to get samples!  nan

jillianD
on 2/21/08 2:22 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Here is the link to where i wet.  Its local too so they come pretty fast. http://www.enjoyhealth.com/samples.htm I really recommend the bigger one you get 21 different flavors and i am really surprised at what I actually like sometimes! Also you can go to  https://www.unjury.com/ssl/purchasing.php They have some chicken soup and unflavored kinds that are palatable and good for something different when you get tired of sweet!  They are have fast shipping! Have fun shopping!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

tiggerfan0464
on 2/18/08 11:06 pm - Everett, WA
Welcome to the group! Your special day is just coming around the corner. We will be about a month apart. I had mine on Jan 28th. fyi on the protein drinks...when you start eating soft and solid foods you wont be drinking the protein drinks as much. I usually only drink one if my calorie intake is way to low. Let us know if you have any questions. Take care, Kathy

lorisb
on 2/20/08 11:38 pm - Vancouver, WA
Welcome to the Washington board and welcome to your new life!  I wish you much success on your upcoming surgery. Lori
Most Active