Introducing ME

eclin49
on 2/18/08 12:22 am - Yelm, WA
I have been lurking for several weeks and thought it was time to say hello.  My surgery is schedule for Feb 26th and I am very excited to start my new life.  My journey from first consultation to surgery was very quick, probably because I am self pay.  My initial visit with Dr Oh was Jan 25th and the past few weeks have gone by quickly becaue I had to get all those tests done.  The first few days of my pre surgery SF liquid diet were not easy but things seem to be going better now.  Drinking protein for the rest of my life was something I worried about because I had this notion that it was nasty so I was surprised to find that  I actually like my little protein ****tails.
Helen_Anne
on 2/18/08 12:40 am - Bremerton, WA

Welcome to the Washington Forum!!!  I know you will do well.... and there some great support here.

Helen

Shelley S.
on 2/18/08 12:53 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there and welcome to the board

kittykatzmom
on 2/18/08 1:13 am - Mason co., WA
Hi and Welcome, What an exciting tme for you, you are gonna do great. Good luck and keep us posted on you new journey.

~Cindy~

springjulie
on 2/18/08 1:28 am - WA
Hi and Welcome-  congrats on your surgury date.  We have a chat on Tues and Thur 7-9pm.  Please join us!
eclin49
on 2/18/08 3:54 am - Yelm, WA
Thanks for the warm welcome and the invite.  I go to bed at 7 so I won't make the chat.  I love my job but the hours are not the best.  My DH drives for Pierce Transit and he leaves for work at 3 so I get up when he leaves...
VickiStevens
on 2/18/08 5:29 am - Tacoma, WA
Welcome to the Washington board.  I spend some time here, and also some time on the lapband board.  There is great information and support on both boards! I see you have Dr. Oh so I know your surgery is at St. Francis.  They will take very good care of you there.  My surgery was there, my surgeon is Srikanth and he also works out of St. Francis.  I have had three surgeries at St. Francis and had wonderful care each time. We have another thing in common, my Mom works for Pierce Transit.  She's in customer service.  Good luck on your surgery and take care.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
eclin49
on 2/18/08 5:43 am - Yelm, WA
Yes, Vickie I have read your posts.  You give out good and sound advise.  I also saw your before and after pics during the online webcast of your Doctor.  I think the Doctors at St Francis are tops and I feel so lucky to have chosen Dr Oh.  Cool about your mom, maybe they know each other.
nancy6
on 2/18/08 10:17 am - Tacoma, WA

Welcome!!!  I'm glad you decided to post and let us know you're out there!    You'll find lots of support and friendship on this board - I know it's been a big help to me.  I had RNY on 12/6/07 with Dr. Oh and he is a fabulous surgeon!  I think you did well to choose him.  I know the pre-op diet is no fun, especially the first few days getting off sugar and carbs, but it's a nice way to get a kick-start on the weight loss!  Glad you've found some proteins that you like.  Have you been out to Vitalady?  If you go out there, you can taste-test any protein you like and it's a great opportunity to try different ones.  One thing I would mention is that for me, at least, my tastes changed quite a bit after surgery.  You might not want to stock up too much on the proteins as one you love now may not be a favorite after surgery!  I see you live in Yelm - I have a stepdaughter and family and a niece and family who live out there, too!  Well, welcome again and I wish you all the best on this journey.  Sounds like things have really moved fast for you - is your head spinning a little bit?  Feel free to ask any questions and we'll all do our best to help you out!  Thoughts and prayers will be with you on the 26th...

~Nancy~

Shell Marr
on 2/18/08 10:24 am
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
Welcome to the boards and congrats on your date!!
high351/pre307.5/day of surgery 294.4/dr goal 187/my goal 175  

Most Active