Post Op SUPPORT Groups

maz
on 2/16/08 6:22 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hi I live in Puyallup & don't drive but am looking for a post op support group. I'm struggling with my weight. I lost 273lbs after my surgery in January 2003 but after a short stay in the hospital last week for pneumonia I'm now at 560lbs. I don't want to climb any higher. I have 2 more nights on antibiotics for pneumonia but could really use a local support group & even some kind of walking group or exercise group. Thanks. Pre op 750lbs Lowest weight recorded 477lbs Current weight 560 lbs as of 2/4/2008
Pre Op Weight: 750lbs 2002
Roux En Y January 24 2003
Lowest Weight Post Op: 477lbs 2003
Last weight: 574.2lbs Feb 23 2009

Helen_Anne
on 2/17/08 2:03 am - Bremerton, WA
Hi Maz... Welcome to the Washington forum... I think there some us who live in puyallup. I will be in puyallup that last weekend of february for the big sewing expo.  I am glad you started posted on this forum!!! Good Luck!!! Helen
maz
on 2/19/08 12:07 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Helen, Thanks for the Welcome & your support!

Suzanne_G
on 2/17/08 3:32 am - Spokane Valley, WA
Im in Spokane Valley and attendt he Spokane Support group (Rockwood) downtown.   There is a metting  Feb 21 at 6pm Suzanne
maz
on 2/19/08 12:10 am - Puyallup, WA

Hi Suzanne, Thanks for the information. It is much appreciated. Spokane is a little too far for me though. But I do appreciate your help. Marilyn

VickiStevens
on 2/17/08 5:30 am - Tacoma, WA
I have not heard of a support group in Puyallup.  I know there is one in Tacoma, but I am uncertain where and when they meet.   Also, Dr. Srikanth's office provides support groups in Federal Way at St. Francis.  I lead the band support group which is on the first Wednesday of each month.  Terri (Srikanth's nurse and a bypass patient) leads the RNY/DS support group.  I believe it is held on the third Tuesday of the month.   Good luck!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
maz
on 2/19/08 12:13 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Vicki, Thanks for the information. I was actually considering trying to attend a meeting at Federal Way. I know someone who travels out there 2 times a month for at least 2 hrs Tuesday mornings. So that could work for me. Thank you very much. Marilyn

lauraloo76
on 2/17/08 6:34 am - Tacoma, WA
Vitalady hosts a support group in Puyallup.  I have been once, you can get more info at Vitalady.com.  I hope you can find one that can help you.  Sending you well wishes!

*Laura*

jillianD
on 2/17/08 9:51 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yes Vitalady does have a support group out there I am sure she will be by to post sooner or later!!  Congratulations on your loss so far, so you got a little off track thats ok you have come here and will overcome it.  Get back to basics is the best anvise anyone can give you.  Eat your protein first work your pouch the way you did in the beginning.  Unless you have had a mechanical failure, have you seen your surgeon?  Does your pouch still work??   I need to get out and walk too. I haven't started yet but will when I am feeling better.  You could post and exercise accountability thread for all of us to post on.  There will be a lot of new post ops here soon that would like whatever help you can give.  Just some Ideas... but above all be nice to yourself, you can do it!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 2/18/08 10:23 am - Tacoma, WA
As Jill mentioned, Vitalady does have a support group in Puyallup.  It's near Woodland School...  Her group meets the second Tuesday and the following two nights (Thursday is for lapbanders only).  So her group met last week for February.  As far as I can tell the March meetings will be March 11 and 12 (March 13th for lapband).  I'm glad you are wanting to get back on track and hope that you are feeling better soon.  You can always post and chat with us here for support!  Take care and I wish you all the best as you get back to the basics of using your weight loss tool!

~Nancy~

Most Active