Madigan did something right

Sassybel94
on 2/16/08 2:52 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Had surgery Dec. 19th and have been telling the doctor's something was wrong, that it hurt to swallow any pills or somethimes food. Plus, having burning pain in groin area left side, they order CT-scan for groining area, but that happens on the Feb. 27, when my mom gets back from Calif..  Monday, I went in because I couldn't keep anything down, not even water. I didn't see Dr. Carter or Dr. Sebasta (sorry if missed spelled his name), but saw the other surgeon. I was at hospital from 10am -  4:30pm. He had me go do blood work and a barium swallow, then come back up to the clinic. The Doctor that did the Barium swallow had me do the stuff like pop rocks and then water, then barium and more barium and then more water and then a barium cookie and then a barium pill, told them couldn't take pill with ou****er, that it would come back up, and it did, so they gave me another barium pill with some water and it got stuck and hurt like anything and had to drink a lot of water to get it to go down some more. Now remember I was just 7 weeks out on monday. They found I have a stricture and its making it hard to swallow,  it's where they connected everything, its trying to close up. So, now no more pill, until after Feb.28 scoping. He had me stop, even the chewables, he wants just luquids until I see Dr. Carter. Now, how the heck i'm I suppose to get my iron in. The doctor had me taking 2 a day because my iron is low and I'm anemic. Can't wait until it all gets better.

grandmabev47
on 2/16/08 2:59 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
I'm so sorry thats happing to you we wait and wiat and finally make the decision to do the surgery and ....then Bam something goes wrong.....try calling your family Dr......is there liquid iron ? Did they say what they will have to do ? I hope everything goes better now that they know what is wrong and they can fix it........Good Luck....thinking of you Bev
Shelley S.
on 2/16/08 3:36 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I'm sorry you have the stricture but very glad they found out what is wrong.  It was very nice to meet you on Monday!  I'll be keeping you in my prayers (((gentle hugs)))

jillianD
on 2/16/08 7:13 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I belive there is a liquid iron out there hon..  And if you are anemic take it with some orange juice ( c ) too it will help with absorbtion.  They have a light version that is lower carbs.  Plus if nothing else cream of wheat has like 60% of your iron for the day eat plenty of that. Couldn't hurt. I know its not low carb but it is more important IMOP for you to get in your iron. Good luck!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Amberbear31
on 2/16/08 1:47 pm - Federal Way, WA
get ahold of Dennis and Merilou at www.enjoyhealth.com  they have a liquid form called Isotonix and it tastes like Tang... I add a lil sugar free french vanilla syrup and it tastes like a creamcicle.
Amber

Band Removed 6/17/08
Sleeve gastrectomy 6/27/11
Most Active