Hello fellow neighbors!!!

hangokid11
on 2/16/08 2:45 am - MT
Hi,  I guess I had better post in here to get some support!!! I didn't think I'd get a surgery date this soon and now i got one! April 15th is the day, whoohoo, someone said i'd be doing the snoopy dance when I find out and boy, was she right! I don't know what else to say as all the information about me is in my profile.... but i'm looking for support as in face to face support, i guess and i can be reached by phone if anyone is interested. It's free despite long distance as it's based on internet. Despite my being hard of hearing, I can communicate very well over the phone via the Videophone which is a Relay service by interpreters.   I make a call on the TV, and the interpreter would show up (real live) and then the interpreter would connect me to the hearing person. The interpreter would say this is #VRS1234 "i have a caller who wishes to connect with you, have you experience a Video relay call before" (if you say no, she'll explain that the deaf person sees the interpreter on the tv screen and you can talk normal and the interpreter will be carrying the conversation between the two of you") then I'd say I'm Kelly,  may i speak with >>> whoever i call! Anyone can also call for free as well by calling the 1866 327 8877 and asking the operator to call my home number.    Hope to hear from you.  Take care!
Shelley S.
on 2/16/08 3:39 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi Kelly it's very nice to meet  you!!  You have Nancy who doesn't live too far from you, or at least closer than I am, so maybe we can do a get together up your way soon so our neighbors north can attend easier.  My email is always open and I'm on this thing quite a bit, so don't hesitate to contact me.  Congrats on your new birthdate, isn't it the greatest feeling ever??

hangokid11
on 2/16/08 7:20 am - MT
Nice to meet you Shelley,  I had just been reading your blog and you found sugar free CIB (carnation instant breakfast)!!!!  i"ve been looking all over and zip!  and Yup it's the greatest feeling ever....  
grandmabev47
on 2/28/08 12:42 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
Hi Shelly, how are you  this morning only a few days till the day ...what are you doing to prepare.....Iam starting to get nervous.....I've thrown away so much stuff that I won't be able to eat and cleaned out all my cupboards and stocked to frig with suger-free jell-o and puddings and today I'm going to try and make some homemade stocks........I just bout mastered the not drinking with meals .....altho I do count the 30 minutes after so that I can have water.....I did'nt mean to ramble just wondering how you are doing ? Bev

Helen_Anne
on 2/16/08 9:48 am - Bremerton, WA
Kelly, Welcome to the Washington board! I have a friend who is a deaf interpreter in Vancouver... He works for a company down there that does that video thing.  I have not used that service yet... but its got to be better that the old tty typing service... it was so hard to have a conversation. I took sign language years ago since I was working with deaf clients who were blind and developmentally disabled.  Some of my best years where working with those clients.  I work in Seattle and live in Bremerton. Helen
jillianD
on 2/16/08 10:29 am, edited 2/16/08 10:29 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi.  I just had surgery yeaterday so I am tired, but I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!  And when I am up and moving I will do the snoopy dance for ya!!  I know there is also a support group in Auburn and ask your surgeon they typically have a support group either out of their office out of the hospital where you have your surgery. Take care and I am usually on here several times a day! Questions are always welcome. edited ** opps got home yesterday.  LOL surgery was th 13th.  Pain pills... I'm loopy
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Amberbear31
on 2/16/08 1:44 pm - Federal Way, WA
Hi and Congrats Kelly. Amber here from Federal Way. What kind of face to face support are you looking for? groups or one-on-one?
Amber

Band Removed 6/17/08
Sleeve gastrectomy 6/27/11
hangokid11
on 2/16/08 4:18 pm - MT
I'm interested in one on one or 2.... 3 might be too hairy for me....   but if some of us in a chatroom  i don't mind 10 lol!  I've noticed you have tuesdays from 7 to 9 ?   
jillianD
on 2/16/08 11:41 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yes we do have tuesdays from 7-9 please come!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nantimms
on 2/17/08 1:15 am - Ocean Shores, WA
Hi Kelly:  I am soooooo excited to meet you.  I have my first consult with Dr Chang this Friday.  Can you tell me about the process.  What happens at the appointment and then what is the next step?  :)  nan

Most Active