Update 2 on Jill

Shelley S.
on 2/14/08 4:03 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I went by and saw her this morning, she looks GREAT!  We went for a walk, she's off the iv's, and is sipping her water and her protein but said the chicken broth is way too salty tasting.  I got her a card and bear and signed it from all of us here on WA OH board and she really liked it and says she appreciates all the prayers and good thoughts.

donnakay52
on 2/14/08 4:19 am - Snohomish, WA
Thanks Shelley!  Glad to hear Jill is doing so well.

southerngrl
on 2/14/08 6:08 am - Mt Vernon, WA
I am so glad that she has you there to go by and visit her. All the people on this site are so supportive and that is such a help when you are going thru all of this. I am sending her all my prayers for a speedy recovery ~Melissa
RNYMom
on 2/14/08 7:22 am - Lacey, WA
Give Jill a big hug for me too!  Tell her I said the fun has just begun. . .learning the chicken broth is too salty, shows how she's going to have to learn how to eat all over.  It's a fun journey. . .and worth every step.  Sounds like she's recovering just perfectly. . .just like you will do.
Shelley S.
on 2/14/08 9:03 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Yeah she's looking great and has NO staples, which excites me already!  She's moving pretty fast on her walk considering she was only 24 hours off the table, I'm so proud of her.  I didn't give her a hug because I didn't want to hurt her, but I helped her get her boots back on and tucked her in and told her I will hug her a lot once she's feeling better  lol. She said she's felt nauseous but someone told her while she's feeling that way, take one of the alcohol pads and smell it and it helps that feeling go away.  So when she walked, she had it with her.  I think the anti nauseous stuff they give you is enough to make anyone want to throw up but when she drank it she said it wasn't too awful bad, but I just tend to think she's a trooper

nancy6
on 2/14/08 9:40 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks so much for the update, Shelley!  Glad to hear that Jill is doing so well...  She'll be home in no time and will be feeling better every day!  It's wonderful that you're able to get up there to visit and spend some time with her.  I'm sure she appreciates all the friendship and support.  Thanks again for keeping us up-to-date!

~Nancy~

Annie B.
on 2/14/08 10:10 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
I went and saw her also after all my pre-op testing was done (ugh!).  She was doing great! I got to walk with her...and yep..she had her alcohol pad with her! LOL.  And she did look great!  I hope I am doing so well after my surgery! ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Shelley S.
on 2/14/08 10:28 am - Ft Lewis, WA
You will girl, she and I will make sure of it

kittykatzmom
on 2/14/08 11:02 am - Mason co., WA
I want to thank you Shelley and Annie too. for going and visiting with Jill. it has a be a great comfort for her knowing people have such caring souls from this site. Thanks again for the udates. she's in my thoughts as she recovers.

~Cindy~

Most Active