My first post op

amynicolelynn
on 2/13/08 5:19 am

Well I had my first post op yesterday, and I am down 16 pounds.  I know this is just the begining, but I am so excited. Oh I also got my drain tube removed. It was the wierdest feeling. It felt like a snake slithering thru your guts, but once it was out it was ausome.  I am starting to feel a little bit better everday. I am just still sooo tired. My mom left yesterday morning, and my sister arrived last night so thank god I have had lots of help with the house,and the rugrats. Well I am gonna go lay back down. I hope everyone else is doing well, and thanks so much for all the support! Amy

nancy6
on 2/13/08 6:26 am - Tacoma, WA
You're doing great, Amy!!    16 pounds gone is wonderful!!!  Glad you got the drain out, too.  My dr. doesn't use those and I was sure glad about that!  It's nice that you've had your mom there and now your sister to help out.  Get lots of rest while you can and keep on sipping tha****er!  Take care...

~Nancy~

donnakay52
on 2/13/08 8:29 am - Snohomish, WA
Congratulations on your weight loss, 16lbs is great!  Don't forget to drink tha****er!!!!

Shelley S.
on 2/13/08 8:36 am - Ft Lewis, WA
That's awesome girl, hope you are feeling up to par real soon!

kittykatzmom
on 2/13/08 10:42 am - Mason co., WA
wow your doing great. keep it up.take it easy.

~Cindy~

southerngrl
on 2/14/08 6:05 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Congrats on everything!! I have kept you and everyone else in my prayers. Keep resting and take care of yourself. ~Melissa
RNYMom
on 2/14/08 7:29 am - Lacey, WA
Congrats Amy.  Hearing about your drain tube getting removed is a happy dance time.  I remember how mine started to irritate me, as it would rub on my clothing.  I'd forgotten that part. Take care and rest up.  Drinking water was hard for me the first few days home, as I felt like I had just barely gotten the 1oz protein drink down, and it's time for another one.  Who has time to force water?  But keep it up, it's all worth it. Nancy, you're lucky you didn't have a J-tube. . . but I'm curious why some Drs do it and some don't.  I thought it was one of those necessary evils.   --Phyllis
Annie B.
on 2/14/08 10:12 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey Amy! Glad you're doing so well!  And congrats on the 16 pounds!  I am glad you have lots of help! Get lots of rest and keep walking! ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 2/16/08 10:39 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi Amy good job! 16 lbs is awesome!  I can't wait till this drain is out too!!  It's so yuckyDid it hurt when it came out??
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

hangokid11
on 2/17/08 2:29 am - MT
Nice to meet to hear you are doing well, Amy...  Hang in there! You'll be surprised how much energy  you'll get once you get over the recovery!
Most Active