Any VBG patients out there?

irisdeni
on 2/11/08 6:52 am - Everett, WA
I had a VBG about 15 years ago.  I am looking for a doc to do a revision but so far have not been successful. I am wondering if there are any others out there with a failed VBG.  In the respect of gaining the weight back.  My pouch is still in place.  In fact I am having a very hard time taking vitamins etc.  They get stuck and sometimes take 2 days to get un-stuck so I can drink or eat again.
Helen_Anne
on 2/11/08 8:32 am - Bremerton, WA

What do you want to be revised to?  RNY?  If so... Dr Richard Thirlby at Virginia Mason does many VBG revisions... but it is aways to RNY.

Helen

irisdeni
on 2/11/08 11:22 pm - Everett, WA
Hey thanks!  I'll look into it. Yes, I want to revise to a RNY.   Have you had a revision? Denise
vitalady
on 2/12/08 9:51 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Ross moved to Auburn but is not in OR any more. He still sees pts, but no more surgery.

I would recommend Dr Oh, since he probably assisted on your VBG. www.ohtobethin.com or 253-275-6030 He's in Federal Way.

I bring him revisions from all over the country (and state) to fix the messes made. Not that yours is a mess, just an antique. I was done i***** myself.

We have support groups here in Puyallup, tonight, and tomorrow. There are almost always VBG's here looking to be revised or who have been. You are not alone at all.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active