GRRRRRRR

Shelley S.
on 2/11/08 8:21 am - Ft Lewis, WA

So, I go for my final preop appointment today, the resident comes in to do some paperwork before I see my surgeon, comes back with BAD news! Whoever scheduled me for the 15th had their head up their ass because my surgeon won't be here! So now, I have to wait until March 4th for surgery!!  I am so disappointed right now.  I didn't even do my lab stuff today, I said screw that and just made an appointment to do it on the 26th, why hurry right? 

We get our keys to our on post house on the 6th, yeah nothing like being out of comission completely for that move huh?

I've waited almost 5 years, and I know 3 weeks won't kill me, but I wanted to share my pity party with you guys because I know you guys will let me and understand my frustration.

Thanks to all my fellow Washington folks here, you guys really rock!

Helen_Anne
on 2/11/08 8:30 am - Bremerton, WA

Shelly... How disappointing!!!

Re: the move....maybe that's such a bad thing... I hate moving.. it might be nice to have someone else do all the unpacking.   But then... do I want my husband putting away all  dishes in the kitchen????? perhaps not!

Bye for now...Helen

Shelley S.
on 2/11/08 8:41 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Yeah actually the kitchen is pretty much his anyway, so I guess it's best he do it anyway, but I am so used to all these years of moving being the one to clean the old house and all that.  I'll let them do it but it will be hard.  lol

jillianD
on 2/11/08 10:00 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Aww Shelly I'm sorry that sucks so bad.  Seems like you, Annie and I all found out Madigan schedulers are sittin on their thumbs!  Dumb asses!!   Your move will be okay you've got help and I am sure that there is someone in hubbys command that will come and help move things.  You will just have to be the director.   I can even come that wekend and help direct!  I am super bossy ya know. Any how I will get to be your angel now so it will be all good!!   Things have a tendancy to work out the way they should.  I had a delay but really feel like I am "more" ready for this.  Not to mention that my bro was back in the hosp last week, with my original date I probably would have made myself sick trying to take care of the family.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 2/11/08 10:06 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Yeah we are letting the army move us and my grown son is here visiting so it's all good, I will just supervise and probably drive my husband batty  lmao. My doc even said he would try and get Sebesta to do mine next week, I said, I know he won't be here, my friend got moved out from that week.  He was very apologetic and was trying hard to find a surgeon in town, but seems all but a couple are off doing other things, even one in south america. I'm sorry to hear your brother was in the hospital, hope all is better now. I added you for my angel, all you guys here are angels, very much like family.  Maybe Fran can get that same date with me and we can be in together?

Annie B.
on 2/11/08 10:10 am, edited 2/11/08 10:12 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Oh Shelley!! I am SOOOO sorry!!!  That sucks!!!  And I was hoping to be YOUR angel...guess it will work for Jillian to do it...who wants to be mine?? LOL You know...really...enjoy not having to do anything for this move!  I mean, you can do stuff to help get ready for it...but then let them do it all - and enjoy the time off! It's nice to not have to do it...when we moved to Alabama I was preggo...then when we moved from off-base to on-base, I was just three weeks out after Elijah was born.  When we moved from our two bedroom to the three bedroom - guess  what? Yep...preggo again.  That was nice...then of course when we left Alabama and got here, nothing kept me from having to help *sigh*.  I hate moving!!  The work of it is exhausting! If you need some more muscle...I can probably get dh to help...

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 2/11/08 10:18 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
ME me me  I will do it all!!!!  LOL  If I could only figure out how???
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 2/11/08 10:27 am - Tacoma, WA
Oh, Shelley - that's such a big bummer!!!    I am so sorry to hear that your surgery got delayed.  I sure know how that feels...but March 4 will be here soon.  (Remember - February is a short month!!)    Just don't let the screwy schedulers get you down...  Glad to hear your move will be going ahead soon - this way you'll just get to be the "supervisor"!  Hang in there, girl!!

~Nancy~

Fran575
on 2/11/08 11:46 am - Tacoma, WA

What a bummer!! But you never know.........you could get a call tomorrow that they want you in on Wednesday! This is the way of Madigan. And, if not, then just keep preparing yourself for the big change that will be coming. And you are right, maybe mine will be around the same time as your new date and we can walk the halls together.

Hugs,

Starting Over
on 2/11/08 12:10 pm
THAT IS SOOOOOOO LAME!!!! Especially to find out at the last minute like that too. Sorry to hear about that.
Most Active