Coming Soon! New Support Group!

Susan O.
on 2/11/08 4:52 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi Everyone!    I'm Susan, and want to invite everyone to a new support group (Thru Thick N' Thin) forming in the South Sound.  The first meeting will be on Monday March 17th, 2008, and we will continue to meet on the third Monday of each month from 5:30-7:30 p.m. You are welcome to come in at any time - no one is ever "too late"! This group is not run by any hospital or doctor's group, but by someone who feels a calling to help those who have had, or are thinking about WLS.     The group will gather in the meeting room of the Summit Branch of the Pierce County Library, 5107 112th St E, Tacoma WA 98446. Take Hwy 512 to the Canyon Rd exit. Go south to 112th St., and turn right. (Burger King is on the corner) . Go west approx. 1/2 block to the library entrance. The meeting room just inside the front door, on the right.      I'll send a reminder closer to the first meeting, but mark your calendars now to attend this event! We will have a great time, and have lots of info,, support, and caring for all!    

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

nancy6
on 2/11/08 10:30 am - Tacoma, WA
Sounds interesting!!  I'll look forward to the reminder closer to 3/17...

~Nancy~

Susan O.
on 2/13/08 6:52 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

Thanks Nancy! I will be sending reminders regularly. Do you attend any support groups now? (I always say the more the better!)

Susan 

nancy6
on 2/13/08 8:56 am - Tacoma, WA
Yes - I attend the one in Auburn (Merrilou of Enjoy Health) and also go to Vitalady's group (going there tonight as a matter of fact).  The bummer there is that both of those groups are the same week - so it's support group heaven that one week of the month!    I have wanted to go to the one at St. Joe's and did get there the 1st Monday of February - only to have no one show up!!  I found out the next day that they no longer meet the 1st Monday - only on the 3rd Monday of the month...  So I was a little bummed that your group is also on the 3rd Monday, but I think I'll try St. Joe's for February since your group starts in March.  I agree that the more support we can have, the better.  At least that's the way it is for me!  My husband works evenings and I work days so the evening groups work out well for me.  I also have met with the Lakewood group that just started meeting a few weeks ago.  It's not an official support group - more just a group of gals wanting to meet in person after meeting here on the OH site.  I look forward to joining your group in March!

~Nancy~

Susan O.
on 2/14/08 2:14 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi Nancy!   What a bummer that the St. Joe's group changed nights! I was unaware of that, and thought I was picking a "free" night!   Depending on the group as we start meeting, we may be able to change nights/times if I can get the meeting space. I can not attend Vitalady's group very often because of prior committments on all Tuesdays, and that specific Wed.! Hopefully the gals that are meeting in Lakewood will be able to join the new group too. I am trying to set up a program that will include both personal chat and a topic of the night that I hope all will find interesting. The leaders from other areas are being very helpful! Can't wait to meet you!

Susan 

nancy6
on 2/14/08 9:27 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Susan!  I'm looking forward to meeting you, too!  See you on March 17...

~Nancy~

Most Active