Support Groups in Seattle?

Beebear
on 2/8/08 6:14 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Everyone!  I'm new and just starting out.  My insurance company requires a 5% body weight loss before I can meet with a surgeon.  I have about 7 more pounds to go.a Does anyone know of a good pre and post op support group in Seattle?  I want to start going to one as soon as possible. Thanks for your help!
tiggerfan0464
on 2/8/08 7:24 am - Everett, WA

Welcome to the Washington board. Insurance companies can get picky. Darn them. LOL ... You may want to mention if you have decided what type of surgery....or are you still researching? I know most clincs have support groups. Also at my job there is a support group....however due to my crazy schedule I havent been to one.

VickiStevens
on 2/8/08 7:31 am - Tacoma, WA
I don't know of any band support groups in Seattle.  I facilitate a band support group for my doctor, but it's down in Federal Way at his office. Good luck with your search!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Beebear
on 2/8/08 12:18 pm - Seattle, WA
Thanks Kathy and Vicki!  I did forget to say that I'm having an RYN.  That's the correct term, right?  I dig around and contact the U of W to see if they have any groups set up.  I will probably have to wait until I actually start their program but that should only be a month or so.  This site is so great that I feel I have a support group here whenever I need it!
Starting Over
on 2/8/08 1:59 pm
Hi There! I have a surgeon in Seattle, he's at Northwest hospital and they have support group meetings open to anyone interested in WLS. There are band and RNY people there. You can send me a PM for all of the info. I think the next meeting is next week. I have only made it to one meeting myself, but I plan to start attending regularly. I think Virginia Mason hospital also has support groups for their patients...I'm not sure if those are open to the public. Have you already looked into a surgeon? If so, you may want to check with their office to see if they have support groups for their patients.
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 2/9/08 5:11 am - WA
Our group is new, but I think it is a good one! lots of talk and good people! We meet in Auburn on the 12th. come check us out! (253) 939-8865 Merrilou!
rcb154
on 2/10/08 5:08 am - Bellevue, WA
Hello,I heard Overlake Hospital in Bellevue is starting a new support group. They have brought in a new Nurse Coordinator Karen, that has set up 3 programs elsewhere and has had a lot of success in support groups. Go to their website and check it out. There has been a problem with the web today but I think I read it was going to be this Saturday 10-12 at Bellevue Community College Room 108.Karen had the surgery and knows what we need in the way for us to succeed. I think the more support groups available to us the more successful we all will be no matter what program sponsors its.
Most Active