OT: My niece is going to be a star!

lorisb
on 2/6/08 11:15 pm - Vancouver, WA
I want to thank everyone who's supported my journey and followed the story of my darling niece, Kaitlin.  For those of you who didn't know Kaitlin was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in 2005 when she was just 3.5 years old.  Fortunately she managed to get through the 2.5 years of treatment and is currently leukemia-free (they never say a child is cured of cancer because it can always come back in children). Anyway, Kaitlin was asked to participate in a fundraser for an incredible organziation, the Children's Cancer Association.  The radio station 105.1 -- The Buzz -- is doing a marathon fundraiser for CCA and has some incredible items to bid on (as they put it -- just in time for valentine's day).  You can listen live on air through the internet. Kaitlin is scheduled to be on air tomorrow at 8:00 am.  I doubt she'll say much, lol, because she's a pretty shy girl but I think this is an incredible experience and it comes almost exactly three years after her diagnosis. I'm going to try and call in a pledge (I don't want to win the prize they're auctioning off at that time) when Kaitlin is on air but I have a scheduling conflict. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know what an incredible organization CCA is and they have been such an incredible emotional support for my niece and her family.  They have gone above and beyond for so many children and their families that I really have nothing negative to say.  If you are looking for a valentine's day idea, a $10 donation gets you an e-card to send to friends and family. I'm not asking for anything.  I'm just beaming with pride.  And, if you have some extra $$ that you would like to donate to a worthwhile charity, I can stand up and say proudly that the CCA stands up for children and their families and does an incredible job!  Honestly I hadn't even heard about it until Kaitlin got sick and that's unfortunate.  I appreciate learning about GOOD charities when I can so share your experiences, too! Again, thanks so much for all of the emotional support you all have provided me and my family.  You really don't know what it has meant to all of us.  I just hope I can repay you for all you have done. Lori
jillianD
on 2/7/08 2:55 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Wow I would listen but alas I am going to be at work.  I will try and tune in later though and definitly make a donation.   I love to hear about good charitys espically ones that help children and familys. Glad to hear your niece is doing so well.  Next time you see her give her a high 5 from me!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

lorisb
on 2/7/08 5:59 am - Vancouver, WA
Thanks so much!  If only my sister would have told me I would have scheduled my meeting at a different time, lol!  My husband is trying to capture some of the audio right now as a test run.  Could be quite interesting!
Most Active