Introducing Mark & Tia

olwick
on 2/7/08 1:56 am - WA

Hi all, My wife and I have decided to have surgery!  I'm Mark, and my wife's name is Tia.  We live up in Burlington in Skagit county.

Thanks to Microsoft's amazing insurance, we were approved for laparoscopic gastric bypass in less than a week and have our surgeries scheduled for February 26th.  We're having Dr Lauter at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue perform it.  He gets very good reviews here, plus we spoke with another employee at Microsoft who used him with no problems.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi.  I'm sure we'll have tons of questions as time goes along.  We've started a blog to chronicle the experience at http://markntia.blogspot.com/  We're excited! Mark & Tia

tiggerfan0464
on 2/7/08 2:10 am - Everett, WA
Welcome and the best of luck to both of us!

jillianD
on 2/7/08 2:34 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Wow that is fast!!  If you don't mind my asking what all did you have to do to qualify?? Does your surgeon have you seeing a nut before surgery??  Your both going in on the same day?  Wow, glad you are blogging it I will be interested in watchin as you progress. Keep coming here there is lots of info available espically in the RNY forum. Congratulations and we will be scoochin over on the loosers bench when your ready to come on over.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

olwick
on 2/7/08 2:56 am - WA

To qualify?  We filled out a packet for the surgeon on our previous weight loss attempts (Weigh****chers and Atkins).  That's it. We both have BMI's at or above 50.  I have co-morbidities (diabetes and HBP), Tia doesn't We are doing the psych eval on Friday, then the nutritionist on the 17th. We're both doing it the same day and have requested to be in the same recovery room. One of the things  liked about Dr Lauter was he was very "common sense" about everything.  he doesn't have you do a liquid diet for 6 months prior to surgery or anything like that. And don't hesitate to ask anything - I'm an open book! Mark

jillianD
on 2/7/08 3:04 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ohh my surgeon is like that too, no liquid diet no bowel prep. Yahoo. I think that its so cool that you will both be going through this togther..  You must have a wonderful relationship that will only get better! Glad you've joined the group!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 2/7/08 2:44 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there and welcome!!!  Congrats to you both on your new birthdates.  I too am blogging my experience since all but my husband and kids live nowhere near me and they along with friends ask how I'm doing, so figured what a better way for them all to keep up with the latest. My surgery is on the 15th here at Madigan at Ft Lewis.

kittykatzmom
on 2/7/08 2:50 am - Mason co., WA
Welcome, congrats on the exciting journey you and your wife are getting ready to go on, keep us posted on your progress, your neww birthdays are just around the corner.

~Cindy~

donnakay52
on 2/7/08 3:55 am - Snohomish, WA
Welcome Mark and Tia!  I had a consult with Dr Lauter in Nov of 2006 and was really impressed.  He would have been my surgeon if my insurance hadn't required the RNY be done at a "Center of Excellence".  Best wishes to the both of you.

Shell Marr
on 2/7/08 5:54 am
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
Welcome Mark & Tia!
high351/pre307.5/day of surgery 294.4/dr goal 187/my goal 175  

southerngrl
on 2/7/08 7:15 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Welcome Aboard! Everyone is so nice here and are a big help. It is nice to see someone on here that is up in my neck of the woods. ~Melissa
Most Active