clothes?

Starting Over
on 2/4/08 12:13 am

I am now down 80 lbs, and I did NOT expect to go through clothes so fast at this stage. I started out at a 30/32 and am now wearing 22/24's. My poor wardrobe has taken a beating!

What is everyone doing with their old clothes? Everytime I message someone from the clothing exchange board I either don't hear back from them, or I'm too late! Luckily, I have someone to give my clothes to, but where are the people a step ahead of me? I just can't keep shopping for new clothes every week. It's ridiculous!

I plan on going to the Auburn clothing exchange this month, but do you have any other suggestions?

Amberbear31
on 2/4/08 12:46 am - Federal Way, WA

Good Will... I just bought 2 pairs size 18 jeans for $15.

Amber

Band Removed 6/17/08
Sleeve gastrectomy 6/27/11
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 2/4/08 9:12 am - WA
I bought a lot of nice things at the local Goodwill, I was suprised at the bargins! Good luck! Merrilou
VickiStevens
on 2/4/08 10:17 am - Tacoma, WA
I gave all my clothes to goodwill and other places. While I was losing, I did a lot of shopping at Value Village.   Congrats on the continuing shrinking syndrome.....
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
LiseScarlett
on 2/4/08 11:54 am - Fox Island, WA
Shop at thrift stores, garage sales and Good will.  You might try selling some of your older things on eBay or Craigs List.  Congratulations on the new you!

heyheyhey
on 2/4/08 1:15 pm - WA

80 lbs is great!!  I agree with goodwill, value village stuff for now. 

Annie B.
on 2/6/08 2:06 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Woo-hoo!!!  You're doing awesome Paula!! I vote for the goodwill/value village, etc.  You can get GREAT deals there.  I just got a Columbia Sportswear coat for Elijah for $9.99!!!  Those retail for $50-100! Also, the Auburn Clothing exchange might be perfect too!  I've been thinking about coming to it too - just to meet others and taste some of the proteins...maybe I'll drag Maria along with me LOL.

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Starting Over
on 2/6/08 3:57 am

Oh, I am DEFINITELY going to be at the Auburn support group clothing exchange...with many bags of clothes in tow! I have so much to give away! But I also can't wait to get some "new" stuff too.

I hope you two are there.

Suzanne_G
on 2/6/08 3:20 am - Spokane Valley, WA
I got rid of  my clothes as fast as i could. lol   Have you made some friends with your local support group?  They might exchange clothing there. I take alot of mine to a shelter/clothing bank.   But as soon as they are lose, they are GONE!! Shop thrift stores and garage sales.   You will be flying through sizes too fast to spend good money on clothes right now.   (but tj maxx and ross have a HUGE sale going on..  cheaper than thrift store prices! check it out!)
Starting Over
on 2/6/08 3:58 am
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm going thrift store shopping after work today. YAY!
Most Active