lost (X post)

Annie B.
on 2/5/08 12:48 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey Cindy, You are definitely NOT alone...after my husband joined the Air Force, we moved across the country.  That's when I began to isolate myself - and the weight crept up.  I started losing weight after a couple of years, and noticed I was more comfortable doing things in public.  Then I got pregnant with my second kiddo and started the isolating thing again - I blamed it on being tired, and how much work it was go take out a kid while preggo.  Then I blamed it on how hard it was to go out with two little ones - yes it was hard, but I feared being around people too - my big fear was people were going to judge me because of my weight...because I know people DO. Even as they've gotten easier to take out, I have resisted because I'm so big.  I am so self-conscious.  It's really only as I progressed in my process of heading toward weight loss surgery, that I've been reaching out and doing new things and meeting new people.   You are NOT alone!  *hugs* ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

WannkeChaBe
on 2/5/08 1:02 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Thank you all for the support!!  I got in to see my new PCP today and spoke with him about the WLS. He said he understood the need for such drastic measures, but wants to work side-by-side with me to change my lifestyle. He gave me a referral to a nutritionist who will bill Medicare/Medicaid in such a way that they will accept the charges. The only snag I see in this is that I have seen her before, and she is kind of an air-head. My brother refers to her as a 'granola head' (he's 19). I have to accept some of the fault for the first failure, too. When we started off, all she wanted was for me to keep a food journal, and I failed miserably. I am more than willing to work with them and do what ever is asked of me, and even if it doesn't work for me, I will know I did my best and I will have another serious attempt at non-surgical weight loss in my record for insurance if the time comes where I do decide to have WLS. WLS is always going to be something I am researching, thinking about and trying to prepare for, but for now I am going to give this one last shot.
)O( Cindy
Most Active