Off to pre op!! oh no..

jillianD
on 1/28/08 11:48 pm, edited 1/29/08 1:45 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Soo nervous... stomach is all squiggley.lol  See you all later!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 1/29/08 12:43 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Aww your day is almost here girl, come back and tell us what all they had you do.  I have followed you for awhile now so I know what to expect at my own appointments  lol

kittykatzmom
on 1/29/08 1:04 am - Mason co., WA
aaaww  pre-op should be smooth sailing, I have done several of those, it's the surgery it self that makes me nervous. but let us know how it goes, so those of us behind you know what to expect.

~Cindy~

cfidecaro
on 1/29/08 1:26 am - Snohomish, WA

Hi Jillian~ You are going to GREAT! I know I was a wreck when I went for my per-op...once it was over I was so happy! Collette

jillianD
on 1/29/08 5:16 am, edited 1/30/08 7:24 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

Hi all, got all my pre op stuff done.  Met with Dr. Sebesta, can tell you how much I like him asked tons of questions he spent a lot of time  with me, I feel so much better about everything.  LOL he's never lost a patient to this surg and never had a leak either.  The leak was my biggest worry.  Now I will have a J tube( the drain) in for 7-10 days from the biggest incision on the left under the ribs.  He said that was extra back up for leaks because it goes all the way into the cut area of the stomach. He drew pics and everything.  no bowel prep, no liquid diet.  LOL.  The only problem was that my date go changed to the 13th because he will be in west point training the drs there on how to do my surg. So Shelly I might still be there in hosp when you are!  Valentines day in the hosp... wonder what hubby will do?? Went to pre op anistheia(sp??) they took 6 vials of blood, ekg, met with anistheologist.  He was way cool and said he hoped he see me for a tummy tuck too.  Nurses were cool gave me these wipe things to use before surg for MRSA prevention. So other that the date change all went well!!  I'll take it! edited**** cause I am  dork!!

Shelley S.
on 1/29/08 5:46 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hey there girlie, I'm so sorry your surgery date got moved, I bet you will be leaving about the time I am coming in.  Sounds like you had a good visit all the way around though other than date change.  My fear is me not losing any more weight since last visit and hopefully not having gained any, yikes  hehehe.  Thanks for the heads up about what to expect, it kind of helps to know what all is done that day. Can't wait to meet you on Saturday!

nancy6
on 1/29/08 5:50 am - Tacoma, WA
So glad to hear the pre-op stuff went fine - it really is a breeze, isn't it!  Sorry to hear that your surgery got postponed, but you sound like you're handling that well.  And the 13th will be here before you know it!  Hang in there....  :)

~Nancy~

Annie B.
on 1/30/08 3:12 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey...did he say he bypasses 200 cm on everyone?  It does sound like a lot...

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 1/30/08 6:53 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I'm not sure.  I'll show you the pic he drew for me at the meeting Saturday.  I am a bit confused about the whole thing.   LOL   Maybe you will have a better idea.

jillianD
on 1/30/08 7:26 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hey i just saw dawns pic set up I am proximal... and an idot!!!

Most Active