Hey Everyone! Kinda new here...

Annie B.
on 1/28/08 7:02 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey Darcy! Nice to "meet" you.  I am also 29 years old.  I have two little boys - Elijah is 5 1/2, Caleb will be four at the end of march.  Too bad we don't live closer - I'm sure our boys would have a blast together! My husband is Active Duty Air Force, and we're stationed at McChord and live on base here.  I will be having RNY on February 20th at Madigan.  I, too, hate the surgery wars...so you won't get it from me! ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

kittykatzmom
on 1/28/08 9:57 am - Mason co., WA
WELCOME DARCY..... We always welcome new faces, regardless of the type of surgery you've had. I'm Cindy and I live in Shelton, about 15 milesup Hwy 101 from Olympia. Hubby is Retired A.F. I have 2 beautiful daughters, my oldest movev to TN in July to start college and my youngest is 16 and a Jr. I also have a great step daughter how is gonna make me a 1st time grandma around the 1st of Sept. I can't wait. I am pre-op and gonna have my surgery at Madigan, hopefully in March. I have 1 last appt with the dietician and have my appt for my mental eval. Getting excited it doesn't to go go by fast enough.  I hope you enjoy our board and just right in with ???? or if you have answers for us newbies.

~Cindy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 1/29/08 12:48 pm - Buckley, WA
Welcome Darcy . I'm afraid I don't live near Yakima , either . lol . I'm 16 months out . Have lost 147 pounds give or take a pound . I could lose those last pounds if i'd stay away from the evil carbs . lol . I'm 46  , single , & have been raising two of my grandbabies for 6 1/2 years . They are 10 & 12 . I became a grandma at 32 years old (I have 5) . There's sure alot of us who are/were affiliated with the military . My dad was in the Air Force & then was a lifer in the Coast Guard . My oldest son was in the Army . I love our military people . I don't come to the Washington board as often as I should . There hasn't been any bickering that i've ever seen . I was self pay , too . I thought about going out of the country . I was on my own & couldn't leave the kids more than a couple of days . It was worth it though . Maybe i'll go to a spa to get my plastics . We'll see . Kathy

southerngrl
on 1/31/08 12:50 pm - Mt Vernon, WA
Hello Darcy, I am a miliraty wife my husband is Navy and we are at Oak Harbor. It is always nice to meet new people. You will find everyone on here are very kind and extremly helpful. I am having my sugery April 1st so not to far away, Hope to talk to you soon ~Melissa
tiggerfan0464
on 2/2/08 2:58 am - Everett, WA

Welcome Darcy! We are a fun group and are here for each other. We all chose our "surgery" and we don't have spats of why we chose it...we are doing what is best for ourselves.  I have found the group very supportive. I have seen post of people that are on the east of the mountain. We are thinking of having a chatroom ...the more support the better. Speaking of military.. a navy brat...LOL  Lived up and down the west coast, mainly in Washington when my dad wanted to retired. Also have lived in Hawaii and the Philipines.

Welcome the the group!

Most Active