Hey Everyone! Kinda new here...

Darcy
on 1/27/08 2:38 pm - Washington State
Hey everyone!  I live just outside of Yakima.  My name is Darcy.  I am a 29 year old mother of three of the most BEAUTIFUL little boys there are!  I am also the wife of the most AMAZING man around!  We have been married for almost 8 1/2 years...My husband has literally loved me through 'thick' TO 'thin.'  I had WLS, the Duodenal Switch, in July 2005.  JUST a little FYI...I am NOT one of those "my surgery is better than your surgery" types...Sorry, I just wanted to clear the air a little.  I didn't have insurance, so I went to Brazil and self paid for the Duodenal Switch...Next to being a child of God, marrying my husband and being the mother to my sons...Having the DS is the BEST thing I've ever done!  I have lost 136 pounds and am now at a healthy BMI.  I got pregnant with my third son 10 months after having the DS...He was an unexpected, but VERY welcomed blessing.  He will be ONE year old (ALREADY) this coming Saturday...I can't believe how fast time truly flies by!  Before the DS I was a very sad person and in a lot of pain - Both physically and mentally.  I had PCOS, which has resolved after having had the DS...THANK GOODNESS!  No more pain...Just HAPPINESS!

Anyway, I just wanted to say "HELLO" to all of you Washingtonians...I haven't been on the Washington board in a LONG time...I hope to frequent more...IF that's okay with you all. 

Is there anyone close to, around, or near Yakima?  Well, it's getting late here and I've got to get up early tomorrow...Have a wonderful evening!

Hugs,
~Darcy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I love GOD with "ALL" my HEART!
               ~Pray about EVERYTHING and fear NOTHING~
                  ~I CHOOSE to PRAY - Not in secret~

jillianD
on 1/27/08 11:51 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi Darcy, glad to meet you.  I think there are a few people from out in your region. No surg wars here sure hope it stays that way.  LOL  Glad to hear you are well, enjoy that baby they grow so fast.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Darcy
on 1/28/08 12:14 am - Washington State
Hi Jillian!  Thank you for your nice welcome!  I DO hope to find people that are "over here" too...It'd be nice to meet some fellow WLS people that are close by.  Don't worry about the surgery wars...IF any get started, they won't be from this girl!  I hear what you mean about the babies growing fast...They SURE DO!!!  I have a 5 1/2 year old, a 3 1/2 year old, and now an almost 1 year old...ALL boys!  Drew (the baby) just popped his first tooth through last night...THAT was pretty exciting...Yet, a little sad...Only because it's a reminder that he's getting to be a big boy and isn't that cute little pruney little newborn anymore....I guess it's time for another baby!  LOL!!! Have a wonderful day!  Thanks again for your nice welcome!  It is very much appreciated! Hugs, ~Darcy P.S.  Are you a military wife?  My husband was in the Army (7+ years) and we were stationed up there at Ft. Lewis.  I sure miss the west side a lot.  But, Yakima is home...This is where I grew up and all my family lives here.  My husband got out September of 2003.  Talk to you soon...

jillianD
on 1/28/08 12:23 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Oh yes Army wife for 15 years now.  We have been all around too.  LOL here at Ft. Lewis since 99 though.  Husband will retire in 5 years and I can't wait.  Love it here, I found a good job and we finally bought a house. (you know how big a deal that is for military) He deploys again in a few months but we have been in the community here for a long time and I have lots of support. Any way I hope we will see you around.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

cfidecaro
on 1/28/08 12:44 am - Snohomish, WA

Hi Darcy..and Welcome! Let me jump on the bandwagon and say no Surgery Wars here. It's funny to read your post. I have a cousin in CA that is starting the process for RNY and there are so many people on the hospital web site she belongs to. Anyway we were talking about that yesterday. She gets really discouraged because the people there are so negative towards anyone who does anything other than what they had. I told her she needs to join this site.

Anyway..welcome~

Darcy
on 1/28/08 1:44 am - Washington State
Hi Collette!  Have you had surgery yet?  I'm sorry that your cousin isn't getting the support she needs right now...I agree, she should join this board.  I guess that no matter where you go, you're going to have people doing the whole "my surgery is better than your surgery" thing...But, I don't feel that that is needed here.  I, personally, believe that I did what is best for me...and ME alone (of course taking my family into consideration as well).  However, what is always good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander.  We all have our OWN decisions to make...and they're hard enough to make on our own without having someone cram unnecessary meanness down our throats!  So, I'm with you (again) NO surgery wars.  Thank you for your kind welcome! Hugs, ~Darcy

cfidecaro
on 1/28/08 2:49 am - Snohomish, WA

Hi Darcy, Yes, I had my surgery on 8/1/07. I had RNY and am pleased with my progress. I have lost 106 pounds since. I am hoping to lose the next 58 by the 1-year make. I hope you find the support you are looking for here and find some folks closer to home...I know that this board has been really helpful for me. I don't get very much support at home and it nice to have met some GREAT WOMEN here who are all very supportive. They have started a support group in our area, and I am greatly looking forward to going and meeting all of them. Collette

Darcy
on 1/28/08 3:04 am - Washington State
WOW!!!  GOOD FOR YOU!  106 lbs is EXCELLENT!  Don't you just feel amazing and 'free' in so many ways!  I know that when I lost my first 100lbs I felt as though I could conquer the world!  Wow...You have lost ALL my children off of your body!  That's a 5 1/2 year old, a 3/12 year old, and a soon to be 1 year old!  CONGRATS!  Way to work it girl!  You'll meet your goal in no time...I have about 20lbs to go til I'm at my PERSONAL goal...If I could just stay away from the Carbo Man and Sugar Girl, I'd be fine...Some people have 'A' sweet tooth...I have sweet TEETH!  LOL!  Have a beautiful day! Hugs, ~Darcy

Shelley S.
on 1/28/08 5:22 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi Darcy, Shelley here, nice to meet you.  I too am a military wife, but I live in the Puyallup/South Hill area.  I'm also a mom to two, one 20 year old son and a 17 year old daughter.  I am having my surgery on the 15th of Feb, I'm so excited.  I've been researching and waiting for the army to give my husband some down time for almost 5 years.  It's finally MY time, the army can wait for a minute  hehehe. Nice to see you here

nancy6
on 1/28/08 5:45 am - Tacoma, WA
Welcome, Darcy!!  It's great to see a new face on the Washington board - especially one who doesn't want to have a surgery war!!!    That's one of the great things about the Washington board - none of that nonsense!!  It's one reason I don't go to the other boards too often...  Anyway, it's great to have you here!  I have a good friend in Selah so am familiar with the Yakima area.  I live in Tacoma, but there's got to be more Yakima folks out there...  I have found so much support, information and friendship on this site and I'm sure you'll do the same. I had RNY on 12/6/07 and am doing great!  I have my 2 month check up this Friday so we'll see what the weight loss is then.  (I quit weighing at home as I would get too discouraged!)  I'm losing slower than I would like, but that's probably how most of us feel... It sounds like you have done fabulously - and have a wonderful family, too!  Again, welcome!

~Nancy~

Most Active