another delay....

kittykatzmom
on 1/24/08 7:34 am, edited 1/25/08 3:41 am - Mason co., WA
Things are moving along again. After a stall with the dietician, my  case manager called and is putting in the referral for my physch. eval. so on Monday I should be able to make that appt. and hopefuuly Mon. is also my last dietician appt. if it is then my case manager will put in for my physical, then all that is left is to set up consult with surgeon.   It seems like I was at a stall for the last month. Has anyone here had a physch. eval. at Brem. Naval?  If so what does it entail? post is messsed up    sorry  made my appt today for mental eval. and it is for 3/6 hohum  another month to wait. but I will call every other day to see if there is a cancellation.

~Cindy~

Shelley S.
on 1/24/08 7:40 am - Ft Lewis, WA
No clue on the eval at Bremerton, but wanted to say YAY about your being able to move forward toward surgery!

Annie B.
on 1/24/08 10:22 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Congrats!!!  Yay!  I know how frustrated you were about being stalled like that.  Let us know how everything goes! *hugs*

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

nancy6
on 1/24/08 1:02 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hey, Cindy, that's great!  Sounds like things are finally moving forward a little quicker now!  It seems you were thinking you had a couple more dietician appts to go so that's great news that Monday will be the last one...  You'll have your date in no time!  Hopefully you'll get that psych eval out of the way soon.  I have no idea how they do those at the Naval hospital, but can say that mine was a breeze.  Talked with the psych for a bit and then did some "fill in the bubble" deals for a personality profile and an eating/food type profile.  Altogether it took a couple hours, but was no big deal.  Keep us posted! 

~Nancy~

jillianD
on 1/24/08 1:18 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yea for you!!  I am so happy things are finally moving!  Keep us updated now.   Don't worry about the psych exam they are checkin to make sure that you know for real what is going to happen.  That you know you can get depressed and you know that you won't wake up with this new fab life!! 
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

southerngrl
on 1/24/08 3:33 pm - Mt Vernon, WA
~Cindy, From what I know it will be a breeze! How are you hanging in there?? ~Melissa
Shelley S.
on 1/25/08 8:52 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Sorry you have a delay, but for sure call every day and check. on cancellations.  It happens all the time, that's how I got to get in to see a surgeon sooner than the 28th.  I would still be waiting on my date to get my surgery date had I not called.  I'll be thinking of you and hoping you can get in sooner.

Most Active