So how were you nice to yourself today??

jillianD
on 1/23/08 12:47 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I think we should all try and do something nice for ourselves once in a while.  If you post yours I'll post mine...... really I need some ideas.... come on... purty pleaz.. Ok I'll go first. Tonight I am going to take along hot bubble bath with a good book and a big glass of lemon water. Peace and quiet. Now, now keep your minds out of the gutter.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Annie B.
on 1/23/08 3:14 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
I didn't do anything really nice to myself...but I should really try.  Though today was tough because I have a sick kid - his temp almost hit 104 today...poor kiddo.  But we got it down within about 30 minutes.  So my focus has been on him all day...well except for when he was sleeping...but then I tried to focus on my five year old because he was feeling a little lonely and left out. Well, I will be nice to myself NOW...and go to SLEEP LOL.  I haven't been getting enough recently! Have a good night!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 1/23/08 3:15 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
You too.  Hope kiddo is feeling better tomorrow!

nancy6
on 1/24/08 12:00 am - Tacoma, WA

We absolutely need to be nice to ourselves!!!  Your bubble bath and a good book sounds great...  What I will do for myself today is go to Curves after work.  It may not be the most glamorous way of being nice to me and it may be a struggle to make myself go there sometimes, but afterwards it does feel good!!  And it can only help with getting the weight off.   What I would really love to do is get a massage - but that will have to wait for another day! 

~Nancy~

jillianD
on 1/24/08 3:02 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I think exercise is a great way to be nice to yourself.  If you look at it right this surgery will be one of the nicest things I can ever do for me.  I will have improved health, physical and mental.  It is also good for my famliy too, I get so excited thinking about what I will be able to do this summer. On another note with the massage make sure you go to a place that only does massage. I went with a friend once who was getting a brazillian wax and it was real hard to relax when every few min I could hear her squealin.  LOL  Ouchie!!

nancy6
on 1/24/08 5:35 am - Tacoma, WA
You are so right!!  The surgery is one of the ways we are being nice to ourselves!  And you can bet there are no waxes for me - just pure relaxing massage!  LOL

~Nancy~

VickiStevens
on 1/26/08 8:32 am - Tacoma, WA
A bubble bath, a good book, exercise and a massage all sound lovely!  But, what I did nice for myself was the retail route.... While shopping for a birthday present for my six-year old grand niece (we got her the Dora the Explorer Vanity - she will LOVE it!), I found a pair of gray leather shoes.  I have been looking for gray shoes forever!  Not only were they cute, but they were on sale - what more can a girl want!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
jillianD
on 1/26/08 8:38 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ohh I love shoes like Homer loves doughnuts!!  I have been waiting though cause I am scared my feet are gonna shrink!

VickiStevens
on 1/26/08 8:46 am - Tacoma, WA
Chances are your feet will shrink.   Pre-surgery, I wore 71/2s.  Now days, I wear mostly 7s with the occassional 61/2 depending on the shoe.  Today, it was a 61/2. You will have to have a shopping frenzy once you reach goal!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
lorisb
on 1/26/08 10:23 am - Vancouver, WA
I do way too many nice things.  That's why the credit card is so high, lol!  Seriously, I go to get a massage weekly and have really noticed a difference.  I love it.  Right now I'm dealing with the side effects of an auto accident so insurance is picking up the tab but I started going a few months before the accident and I noticed the change immediately.  It has also helped "work" the muscles back into proper position as I've lost weight.
Most Active