My Surgeon is AWESOME!!!

jillianD
on 1/22/08 8:03 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Oh boy another day of drama in the life of Jill.   LOL  Any way I have been fighting to get into ultrasound and obgyn to see what we are gonna do about this cyst and everyone kept telling me that they couldn't get me in till after my surg date.  Well I had already been told that if I didn't get seen I would have to get a later date for my surgery!(I DID NOT WANT THAT)  The reason being that if its cancer then I don't want to be calorically challenged.   Love that term eh??  The stupid PCP kept saying cancer over and over he was freakin me out!!!   Well any how  I got tired of arguing with the departments and called DR Sebesta's nurse told her what was going on and she said she would let him know.  Well not even an hour later everyone was calling me to let me know that they able to fit me in after all cause Dr S went down there and told them that they would fit me in!!  I guess he raised a little hell....  Even made the gyno Dr re-arrange his schedule for me!  I feel so special!! Now I seriously love this guy, what a DR to go to all this effort for me and I haven't even met him yet!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

cfidecaro
on 1/22/08 8:26 am - Snohomish, WA

Hi Jill,

That is great..I just kow everything is going to work out for you...What a great dr to have that would got above and beyound the call of duty!

I hope you are still able to make the get together on the 2nd~

Take Care,

Collette

Shelley S.
on 1/22/08 9:25 am - Ft Lewis, WA
YAY for you and atta boy for Dr S!!!!

kittykatzmom
on 1/22/08 11:45 am - Mason co., WA
That is awesome, what a great Dr. to do that for you. good luck with your gyn. appt.

~Cindy~

Loara N.
on 1/22/08 12:49 pm - Silverdale, WA
Dr Sebesta is not only a great doctor he is an awsome person. I have had a lot of issues with my surgery and anytime I would call for a sallow study or some test that needed to be done everyone would say that is is going to be a few weeks I would make a call to Dr Sebesta if he was in surgery he would call be back as soon as he got done ask me what I need and then presto thye were calling me for the appt.  I go in for surery on the 28th of this month not looking forward to it but I know he will take good care of me. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Loara
~ Loara ~
Annie B.
on 1/22/08 1:06 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Jill, That's wonderful!  Dr. Sebesta is AWESOME!  I met him today (as you know) and I have every confidence in him.  Glad he got all that worked out for you. *hugs*

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 1/22/08 1:13 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Thanks everyone!  I am feeling so relived and at peace with everything today (tks Dr S).  I just have to get through this ultrasound and I will be good to go!!   Just everyone pray this thing is just full of fluid and goes away LOL.  I will know for sure that I will go in on the 4th when I see the gyno dr on the 1st.  Ackkk the suspense....... for now he told me to just assume everything is a go.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 1/22/08 10:25 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
You got the prayers girl and I'm staying on the mindset that you are going on the 4th for your new birthdate ((((big hug)))

lorisb
on 1/22/08 10:24 pm - Vancouver, WA
I've had doctors go to bat for me before.  I love hearing when others do, too.  Not to mention that, if it is cancer (I know it isn't), time is of the essence and making you wait could be exactly the time it takes for treatment to be successful. Then again, when my niece was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia there was NO waiting for ANY tests.  Her pediatrician thought her liver/spleen area was enlarged and sent her for an ultrasound and bloodwork.  No sooner did my niece have the tests done (and before they even left the building and the pediatrician came running out) she was on her way to the pediatric oncology ward -- and remained for over a week.  Bottom line:   if they truly think its cancer they tend to take it very seriously.  So rest assured that, medically speaking, people think you're in the clear.  But I think that kind of diagnosis needs to be taken care of sooner rather than later and I think your surgeon is incredible for doing that.  Does he like flowers?!?  Maybe a nice bouquet to shower him with gratitude (and for him to display in the office)... Good luck! Lori
Most Active