I GOT MY DATE!!!!

Annie B.
on 1/22/08 1:18 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Shelley!  Yes, I am so excited...it is kind of surreal!  I haven't had any down moments yet, but I know they'll come...I'm on cloud nine right now...just so excited that it's happening!!!!!  I HAVE MY DATE!!!!!!!!!!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

nancy6
on 1/22/08 12:58 pm - Tacoma, WA

Hooray!!!  That's great news, Annie!!  I'm so glad that you like your dr. and that you were able to get a surgery date within a month - that's fabulous!!!  Wow - if you do the liquid diet from now until surgery, I will be in awe of you!!!    These next 4 weeks will fly by and before you know it, you'll be on the recovery side of surgery...  I'm so happy for you!!

~Nancy~

Annie B.
on 1/22/08 1:21 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks nancy!!  Yes, I am very glad I like my doctor! That makes a huge difference!  I'm thinking if I stick on the liquid diet, I might be able to make a goal of 280 by my surgery...that would be so COOL.  But then I also miss eating food...not really certain foods...but today I really wanted a bowl of smart start cereal!  Just something to crunch - cold and crunchy!  so right now, I am undecided - until I decide for sure, I'll stick to the liquids!

nancy6
on 1/22/08 1:26 pm - Tacoma, WA
Good for you!!!  I'm really proud of you for wanting to do the liquid diet until surgery...  I didn't start my liquid diet until I absolutely had to!  I had lots of "last meals" up until then!!    I guess my suggestion would be to not deprive yourself of something if you really have a desire to eat something specific.  If you're able to stick to mostly liquids and just enjoy something different occasionally, you'll probably still reach your goal of 280 by surgery!  You will be shrinking that liver to make surgery easier, but won't feel totally deprived...  Your next 29 days will fly by!!

~Nancy~

Annie B.
on 1/22/08 1:34 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Nancy,  You know, I'm thinking about it...and I think my body is used to this now - so I might stick it out - though that's subject to change.  I reserve the right to change my mind LOL.  I will definitely do a two week liquid diet before surgery though! I think I have gotten past most of my unhealthy cravings - execpt those darn McDonald's French Fries...I want some of those - with Hot Mustard sauce....mmmmmmmmm. But I also think they might make me sick!  I don't want to go through the hell of getting sugar and bad stuff out of my body again - I ahve done it...gone through sugar withdrawals - not sure I wanna do that again....

nancy6
on 1/22/08 1:39 pm - Tacoma, WA
Sounds like you're making a very wise choice - no need to go through the sugar and carb withdrawals and cravings again!!    I'm just so happy for you and know that you're going to do great!  Take care...

~Nancy~

lorisb
on 1/22/08 10:15 pm - Vancouver, WA
How great!  It'll certainly be here before you know it! Lori
Terri Z.
on 1/23/08 12:08 am - Las Vegas, NV
Yeah for you...haha, I been reading and this is such a great group of women hereJust reading the support here and everyone's excitement is awesome...I just wish that I lived here...not just visiting. After I have my TT and skin removel and 2 hernia's fixed I have to go back to Vegas. I am gonna be depressed that is for sure. gonna miss my daughter and my grandson, gonna miss Miss Annie, but I am thankful that I can come back here to read and catch up on everything.... I will try to visit you Miss Annie after your surgery..just remember after the surgery get up and walk, walk, walk, that is the most important thing. The pain will be less and you will have more energy after the surgery.  Ok grandson is up and ready to start his day...Wish I was...I still have to take a shower...Why can't he sleep one more hour? haha... Hugs Miss Annie and everyone else...
amynicolelynn
on 1/24/08 8:15 am
YAY!YAY!YAY! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I KNOW THE FEELING WHEN YOU FINALLY GET THAT DATE IT STARTS TO ACTUALLY FEEL REAL!  MY SURGERY DATE IS A WEEK AWAY, AND I AM SOOOOOOOOO DARN NERVOUS RIGHT NOW. I AM VERY EXCITED, BUT ALSO NERVOUS. I JUST WANT TO GET IT OVER WITH, AND BE ON MY WAY TO A HEALTHIER, HAPPIER ME! PRETTY SOON WE WILL BOTH BE SKINNY CHICKS!
Annie B.
on 1/24/08 10:27 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey!  Thanks!  yeah, I'm sure I'll be a little nervous around then too.  *hugs*

Most Active