Lakewood Library Get togethers...

Annie B.
on 1/22/08 7:25 am, edited 1/24/08 5:42 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Alright...so I called the Lakewood Library...

I can book up to two per month (that doesn't mean someone else can't book one - right??)  So if we'd prefer meeting there...someone might be able to call and find out if it's avaiable. 

I was able to get the conference room for THIS Saturday if we'd like to use it.  We have it from 2-5pm.

I was also able to get it for those times on February 2nd and 9th.  
It wasn't available on the 16th, and I am guessing I won't be there on the 23rd (but it was available).  

So...who's planning to be there this Saturday?  Would you rather meet at Denny's or go ahead with the Conference room at the Library...also, it would be good to get a count of how many plan to come - since the conference room, we can get 8, possibly 9 in there.  If we are for sure going to have MORE than that, then we should plan to meet elsewhere...so please let us know if you plan to come!

The Lakewood Library is located at:
6300 Wildaire Rd SW
Lakewood, WA 98499 

It is near the Lakewood Towne Center off of Gravelly Lake Drive (near the Key Bank).
We have it reserved starting at 2pm until 5pm.  

here's who I've got down for when:

January 26th – Annie

Shelley

Paula 
                        Maria
                        Anita (going to try)
                        Christine                         Tazzi

February 2nd – Annie
                        Jill
                        Collette
                        Cindy
                        Nancy 
                        Shelley

DIRECTIONS TO LAKEWOOD LIBRARY:
Take I-5 Exit 125 (Bridgeport Way) - if you are coming from the North you will turn right upon exiting, coming from the South, you will turn left upon exiting.
Follow Bridgeport way approx 1/2 mile to 112th St SW.
Turn Left onto 112th St SW
You will take 112th St SW all the way down (approx 0.8 miles) to Gravelly Lake Drive.  
Turn Left onto Gravelly Lake Drive
Go approximately three or four blocks to Wildaire Rd (you'll see the sign for the library on the left)
Turn Left onto Wildaire.  Find a parking spot and come join us!

The conference room is on the second floor...there is an elevator up on entry to the library, there are also stairs past one of the information desks.

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 1/22/08 7:39 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I will be there on the 2nd!!!!!!!!  Can't wait!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

cfidecaro
on 1/22/08 8:30 am - Snohomish, WA
I will be there on the second...looking forward to meeting all my new friends Collette
Shelley S.
on 1/22/08 9:30 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I will for sure make this Saturday, hubby will be sleeping from duty the night before and our plans for that day are for the night, so I can for sure come.  I think the library is much better that way food isn't involved unless you are post/pre op and need your snackage or something. So 1 for sure this Saturday

kittykatzmom
on 1/22/08 11:42 am - Mason co., WA
I can make it on the 2nd, just let me know where the final destination is.

~Cindy~

nancy6
on 1/22/08 1:00 pm - Tacoma, WA
Annie - I most likely will not make it this Saturday, but will plan to be there on the 2nd.  I think the library is a great idea...just let me know what the final decision is regarding time and place.  Thanks for all your work getting this together!

~Nancy~

Shelley S.
on 1/22/08 10:27 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Count me on the 2nd too, sorry forgot to mention that one hehe

Susan O.
on 1/23/08 2:54 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi!    I'm Susan and new to this OH group. I had my lap gastric bypass last June by Dr. Sebesta. I see that you are trying to start a new support group, and I applaud you for that! I just applied to become an OH support group leader. Since it seems that many of you are associated with the military, I am wondering why I haven't seen any of you at the support group at MAMC? We meet every Thursday from 5-7 p.m. in the Cosio Conf. room, ground floor near the snack bar at Madigan. You may have heard we dissolved, but that was an ugly rumor! We just changed meeting rooms! We welcome everyone that has had, or is consdering having WLS . (No children please) We can even arrange rides for those without base access. I'm not saying to come to this group instead of starting your own, many of us attend multiple groups to gain as much knowledge and support as possible.The more support the better, and it is especially helpful to meet with people who have lived with their "pouches" for many years.    Hope to meet many of you soon. Susan   
Annie B.
on 1/23/08 4:04 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hi Susan...yes I've wanted to come to that group and check it out - I will have to sometime.  And I suppose what we're doing is kind of a "support" group, we were kind of thinking of it more as just getting together.  It's hard for ME personally to get there around that time...dh works until 4:30...then I can't take the interstate, and gate I would use coming home closes at 6pm.  We're having car problems right now...so I have to stick to regular roads not going over about 35mph.  But I have certainly thought about coming and hope to sometime in the near future! ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Susan O.
on 1/23/08 12:22 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Nice to hear from you Annie! The Madigan group is open for you to show up any time from 5-7 p.m. Lots of folks have schedules that don't allow them to arrive or leave at the "right" time. We'll be there when you can make it!  Susan
Most Active