Our get together today at Denny's...

Annie B.
on 1/19/08 9:09 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Well I had a great time...it was nice to sit, relax and have adult conversation.  It seems conversation with my husband isn't very adult either LOL...so...it was nice.   I enjoyed meeting Cindy...and it was great to see Nancy again.  There were only three of us...but it was very nice! We sat at Denny's for about two hours just chatting...I was good and got the veggie soup (I really wanted to get biscuits and gravy and hashbrowns and eggs)... Anyway, I didn't have time to hit the library before hand (my husband didn't get home until about 1:45.  SO I figured I'd go afterward. So after we left Denny's I drove over to the lakewood library.  I got the info on the meeting room...apparently it can hold up to 200 people...I think it's probably overkill.  So I asked if they had anything smaller.  They have a conference room, that is not used as much as the meeting room, so it's easier to get.  The conference room will hold a maximum of 8 - we could probably squeeze 9 in.  But that's about it.  This room is really easy to book - no paperwork involved like they would have for the meeting room. I took a look at their calendar for February and March, here are the times already scheduled: Feb 2nd - until 11:30am Feb 9th, 16th, & 23rd in use from 11am-2pm March 1st - until 11:30am March 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th are completely open. My suggestion if we decide to use it would be to book 2 1/2 - 3 hours, so we don't feel rushed...two hours seemed a perfect length to talk...but if we have a little bit longer, if some people are a little late, we won't get rushed out by another group if it's booked.  We can book back to back...so in Feb, if we book from 2-4:30 or 2-5, it would be fine, we may have to wait a few minutes while they're getting out of there. Maybe we can plan to do it there twice a month?  Since we can only use it two times a month anyway?  What do you think.  I took a look at the room...just a small room with a table and chairs...the table would comfortably hold 6 around it, but there's more space in the room, so not everyone has to be "around" the table. I am looking forward to the 2nd...since I don't think I'll be able to make it next week...

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Shelley S.
on 1/19/08 10:42 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Aww I'm glad you guys got to meet and had a good time.  I was thinking about you guys yesterday. You are completely awesome in getting that info and I would say it sounds perfect!  And twice a month is cool too, we can always throw in a week at someones home if we want to as well.  Thank you so much for doing that. So how about this, since you have already looked at it and talked to them, how about you just set up the times that sound good to you, and then just let us know and we will join you there.  I will have to mapquest how to get there, but if we are all online here I'm sure we can mapquest to get there too  lol Oh and go ahead and start on the 2nd at the library if you want, we can just not do the one at Dennys on the 2nd, maybe just go ahead and do next Saturdays at Dennys then the library after that? Just let us know and thanks again girl!

kittykatzmom
on 1/20/08 1:04 am - Mason co., WA
it was a great time yesterday, I really enjoyed meeting Annie and Kathy, we shared alot of info and just had nice conversation. I look forward to Feb 2nd. since I live in Shelton I won't be able to do the every week thing as I do need time on the weekends with my family. I hope those of you that do come next weekend have a great time.

~Cindy~

jillianD
on 1/20/08 2:03 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Awwww I am so jealous!!!!  Work sucks  why do we need money???
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active